8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Anybody using nitrogen in thier tires? Every time it gets cold out my (!)-(Low Pressure) light comes on and won't go off even if I fill it to 32 psi. I have to go to the dealership and this gets annoying. I'm thinking nitrogen might solve my problem.

Also, I think you're backwards about which lights disables your control over VSA. Yesterday was the first time my (!)-(Low Pressure) light came on this year, first day around 30 degrees. Anyhow the roads were wet and I turned off my VSA and did a huge burnout, traction control did not kick on. Plus I'm pretty sure the manual says it's the TPMS light that doesn't let you turn off VSA. I'm on my way out the door and will check my manual to be sure.

Edit: I checked my manual, Pages 212,213.

If your (!)-(Low Pressure) light comes on check air pressure in tires. If inflated to proper levels and the (!) light stays on proceed cautiously to ther dealer.

If the TPMS light comes on, there is a problem with your system. VSA will always be on regardless of if you hit your VSA button or not. Proceed to dealership.

· Registered
520 Posts
My TPMS light has never been on, but my (!) light was on for a few months last winter. When I went in for an oil change this spring the dealer hooked it up to diagnostics and it said my tires had 99psi! It was obviously an error so they reset it and I had no warning lights all summer until just yesterday when the temp dropped. But I know for a fact that I can still turn off my VSA while the (!) light is on. And the manual specifically states that VSA is always on if the TPMS light is on.

Anyhow, back to NITROGEN. Anyone using it? From what I've read it is less affected by temperature changes. Meaning your tire pressure should stay pretty constant year round.

· Registered
520 Posts
Phalanx: I said my TPMS light has never been on so I have no experience there. I can only go by what the manual says and what I read on here. I'm not disputing what you say, infact it makes me feel better. It pissed me off when I got the car and read about the inability to turn off VSA when there is a problem with tire pressure. I wish I could just get rid of the system altogether, no dash lights no sensors. Just a good old fashioned tire gauge.

Thanks for the reference to page 218 I must have missed that, I'll go check it out later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.