8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,036 Posts
recommend this:

There are two indicator lights for the TPMS system.

the TPMS indicator: it's yellow, it's the actual letters TPMS. This indicator means there is a fault in the system itself, be it a faulty sensor, a dead module or what have you. Take it to the dealer, they will pull an error code (or not if the module is dead), and replace the affected item.

the low tire pressure indicator: it's yellow, looks like a horseshoe. This indicator means one of your tires (or all) are below the allowable 10% threshold (read, your tire is under 29psi). this light can still be a faulty sensor, but is more likely a low tire, be it from a slow leak, time, or temperature change. fill your tires up to the recommended 32psi (or more), and drive for 5 minutes, the light should shut itself off. if it does not, take car to dealer, it's a faulty sensor.

physical appearance of tire can only let you know if the tire is either extremely low, or extremely high when it comes to pressure. physical touch of a tire will tell you only two things 1) the tire has no air in it, 2) the tire has air in it. you will not be able to tell the exact amount of air pressure in the tire without a gauge.

· Registered
3,036 Posts
pls correct if I'm wrong. I have heard before that if one of the light comes on ( I don't know which light) the car/ecu will go into limp mode, to the point that it will not allow the driver to rev the car past certain rpm. Is this true?

no, the car does not go into limp mode. a Check engine Light can send the car into limp mode, but the TPMS system has control over VSA, which has control over ABS and DBW throttle control; not over engine management

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.