8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I made a magical discovery today....if you happen to have the wiring harness out of the car....look at the wires....my LX harness has the name of each wire printed on the side of each wire.

Edit....False lol I thought about it and my Crutchfield Harness was what had the wire names on it :haybunny:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 civic ex coupe with premium audio (Canadian model) food for thought guys....

I had a aftermarket avic 6000nex installed with a steering whell pac rci module everything worked great 2 years later I had a abs light cone on NO BIG DEAL took it to the dealership they where NOT able to communicate with modules on the kline, as it turns out 6.5 hours later @ 100.00 a hr the signal used for the sterrring wheel module was pin 7 @ the dlc YUP kline was short to ground, I'm writting this for those whom might have had similar issues or those who want to tinker with there Car, I've spent over 600.00 for the dealership to find the problem so it's money you guys don't have to spend

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
good find pumpdog question for ya or anyone, i have a 06 Ex w/o navi but with the crap stock amp w/ 7skrs /8'' sub and im going aftermarket AVIC-N3
aftermarket subs spkrs etc etc .... whats the best thing i should do ?

A) run new speaker wire from spkrs to amp and from amp to rca > AVIC-N3

B) using the stock wiring ? how what do i do? i dont want LOC since i already got aftermarked better upgrade stuff......

forget stock sh!T:pat: :eek:hnoes: and spent that same amount of money on good aftermarket stuff:laughing: :thumb: heck even i know where to get better deals then CC/bb hit me up

for the metra aswc-1 red accessory wire do i connect it to the purple or the white? and if its the white which # white is it?
Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet

on the axxess pic it says 12v accessory which is purple but on the list of wires the 12v is white?
help pleassse asap

·
Registered
114 Posts
for the metra aswc-1 red accessory wire do i connect it to the purple or the white? and if its the white which # white is it?
Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet

on the axxess pic it says 12v accessory which is purple but on the list of wires the 12v is white?
help pleassse asap

View attachment 242027 View attachment 242028
The violet is switched power so it only comes on when the key is on. That is the best option unless want to possibly wake up with a dead battery one morning.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts