8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
cool -
so i'm upgrading the audio and i'm starting with the amps.
in my '08 FA5, if i have this right,

I'll have a separate sub amp...

for the rest i need 7 channels worth of amplification yah?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help with premium sound

Hello everybody.
I have 2 Premium sound units that I am planning to install, one in my 94 civic and other in a 2005 civic.
My question is: wich power wires are necessary to power up this unit?
It has several connectors, 17p, 20p, two 5p 14p......so far I connected the 17 pin according to what I have read, but none of the units are powering on..
Do I have to get 12v to another connector??
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
does anyone know which color belongs to positive and negative speaker wires in CIVIC LX 2007? they are not the same colors as in this chart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the crossover in the factory wiring is between amp and the front speaker OR is it between front speaker and tweeter?

Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the factory amp that comes with Premium system?

·
Registered
10 Posts
.. I think "keyword - think" that what you're finding is the tweet signal is split off, generated by the amp. So the tweets have their separate lines from the amp, rather than sharing a channel with the door mids. This is a good thing, called "running active tweeters". However, it requires extra amp channels to do so and crossovers that will split off only tweeter range high-pass to the tweets and typically band-pass to the mids (below the tweets, and above the sub).

Not to confuse too much but basically if I understand how these premium sound Si's run, there's just four channels to the oem amp from head unit (standard garden variety front/rear left/right), then those are split into seven from the oem amp (2 tweets, 2 mids, 2 rears, 1 sub).

I'd be glad to try to pull this into visio and draw this diagram up and post it to see if I'm correct with colors, etc.. I think it might help us all.. I just need to verify the pinouts and colors. Don't know also if there's differences from year to year with these premium sound setups.
2006 Honda Civic Audio Wiring Diagram​
:Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs
Left Front Mid + Light Green
Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers
Left Front Tweeter + Red
Left Front Tweeter - Green
Right Front Tweeter + Pink
Right Front Tweeter - Blue

Looking at the wiring diagram there is no connections to tweeters from the Amp. If I am right, the 7 channel theory is wrong! Poosibily the OEM Amp is either 5 channel or 6 channel with internal bridging of 5 and 6 for subwoofer.

There should be around 23w RMS per channel and the subwoofer around 45w RMS, which translates to 50w/channel + 150w/subwoofer at peak. A total of 350w as Honda lists

·
Registered
34 Posts
First post and it's helpful too!

I don't even own a Civic yet but I was doing some research on the audio setup on the Si and I found a wiring diagram somewhere else on the site. I spent the better part of a morning trying to figure out how the front tweeters were wired up. I found quite a bit of information on here but no one seemed to know for sure. Anyway, the first picture is for the Si and EX systems (with the amp) and the second is for the non amp systems.

This is the definitive wiring diagram, I know for at least the 06, I'm assuming it will be the same for all model years. The only thing that I'm not sure of is if the crossover resides in the amp or if it is a passive setup. I saw another thread where someone showed a resister on the tweeter itself so that may be our answer. The amp may be sending out a full range signal to both the tweeters and the speakers in the door. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway, SI diagram (coming from the left is the radio and on the right is the amp)

base system:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm, on my screen it shows up rather large. If you left click, then save the image, it'll show up fine. I have the image stored at 1324 x 1678, which should be plenty big.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am trying to wire in a Parrot blue tooth hands free kit to my factory navi but I can't figure out witch wire goes to what speaker. I tried the list quoted here but my wiring harness does not have all (just 4 of the 8 to be exact) the colors listed. I went back to Car Toys in Puyallup Wa. on Meridian and their installer very helpfully told me that he knew the correct way to hook it up and would tell me for the low price of $120! No joke $120 just to tell me the correct wires to cut into. Can any one here help me out for a better price, AKA a simple thankyou.

2006 Honda Civic Audio Wiring Diagram​
:Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs
Left Front Mid + Light Green
Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers
Left Front Tweeter + Red
Left Front Tweeter - Green
Right Front Tweeter + Pink
Right Front Tweeter - Blue

·
Registered
13 Posts
New Guy Questions

Hi, this my first post here on 8th Gen.

I'm chasing down an 08 Si sedan with Nav. Hopefully I'll have one in a couple weeks. [Edit: just got a 2009 with an AVIC Z110BT and hacked up wiring, long story] I just drove a 08 Si w/premium radio (not Nav) and have a question about the (weak) subwoofer.

I noticed the audio controls let me adjust the subwoofer separately...that leads me to believe that there are "line level" signals to the amp. These wires are not shown on the outputs of the radio in the first post (I did notice the wires to the sub from the amp.) It may be because some premiums have the sub, and some don't and the diagrams shown are for the non-sub radio and the with sub amp.[Edit: the 3 sets of "line outs" above are not the same system. The first set has no amp, the speakers are powered by the head unit (not premium, no amp, no sub). The second set lists "to speakers" with a premium with sub, and I haven't figured out the third set yet.]

I'd really rather feed my (future) sub from the line level inputs. Does anyone know for sure if they're there? [Edit: not there if you have the premium, no sub. Are there if you have the premium with sub]

I also noticed no amp-outs to the tweeters. Can we assume they're powered by the radio and not the amp? [Tweeters are connected to the lines for the door speakers for both radio powered speakers and amp powered speakers (not 100% sure on the amp statement)]

I guess I'm a nut. I don't even have the car yet and I'm planning out the stereo mods. [Edit: my new-to-me 09 Si had an aftermarket amp and sub installed by the first owner, then yanked out when they traded it in. I have a bunch of peeled-back metal where a larger sub was mounted in the stock location in the rear deck. They did leave in a 2-channel amp, which now powers front and rears together! I've a mess to fix, but I'm close on finalizing a game plan.]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!!! i got 2 more wires, a light blue wire and a pink wire :S, i dont know where they go, everything else works perfectly without those 2 wires oo?

·
Registered
14 Posts
can i run a LOC from the rear speakers on my LX-S as the audio source for my audio system?? i am planning on running two amps a 4ch and a mono amp.. and ideas???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know why my 2007 Civic EX front door speaker wiring colors are Blue and light green as opposed to pink and light green like posted every where? Ther are no after market speakers or head unit in the car. I have the premium system without Navigation. I am trying to determine + and -. All the other speakers have the correct colors. Below is the posted wiring diagram.

Stero Amplifier Connector A (20P)
[Premium or Navigation]
Cavity - Wire Color - Connects To
A1 - Pink - Right Tweeter (+)
A2 - Gray - Front Passenger's Door Speaker (+)
A3 - Light Green - Driver's Door Speaker (+)
A4 - Red - Left Tweeter (+)
A5 - Green - Subwoofer (+)
A7 - Blue - Right Rear Speaker (+)
A8 - Yellow - Left Rear Speaker (+)
A9 - Purple - Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) (Acc Radio)
A10 - Light Green - +B[attery] (Main Stereo Power Supply)
A11 - Blue - Right Tweeter (-)
A12 - Brown - Front Passenger's Door Speaker (-)
A13 - Pink - Driver's Door Speaker (-)
A14 - Green - Left Tweeter (-)
A15 - Red - Subwoofer (-)
A17 - Orange - Right Rear Speaker (-)
A18 - Brown - Left Rear Speaker (-)
A20 - Black - Ground (G505)

61 - 80 of 88 Posts