8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
else where on this site i read that that oem amp has seperate tweeter outputs but the wiring diagram says to get the tweeter signal at the speaker instead of at the amp. does anyone know why this is? if i need to get the tweeter signal (after the amp) can i get it at the amp or do i have to get it at the speaker?

i know the tweeter doesn't get its signal from the mid driver wire (no inline crossover from the front mid to tweeter).

any help is appreciated. also, does anyone know where the subwoofer and front mid is crossed over at? thanks.
.. I think "keyword - think" that what you're finding is the tweet signal is split off, generated by the amp. So the tweets have their separate lines from the amp, rather than sharing a channel with the door mids. This is a good thing, called "running active tweeters". However, it requires extra amp channels to do so and crossovers that will split off only tweeter range high-pass to the tweets and typically band-pass to the mids (below the tweets, and above the sub).

Not to confuse too much but basically if I understand how these premium sound Si's run, there's just four channels to the oem amp from head unit (standard garden variety front/rear left/right), then those are split into seven from the oem amp (2 tweets, 2 mids, 2 rears, 1 sub).

I'd be glad to try to pull this into visio and draw this diagram up and post it to see if I'm correct with colors, etc.. I think it might help us all.. I just need to verify the pinouts and colors. Don't know also if there's differences from year to year with these premium sound setups.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alright.. so I'm trying to make sense of this.. The front channels are split.. but just by using a cross over.. ? so if I wanted tweeters in my dx but didn't want to upgrade my head unit I could do a front speaker/ crossover/ tweeter upgrade relatively easy? is that correct?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sounds about right. Could also just swap out for a set of relatively efficient components upfront in general.. Send the single left or right channel to the passive crossover to split to the mids and tweets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know it will never sound as nice as an audio upgrade, but some installers / things I've read said it will reduce volume drastically.. anything i should be looking for.. or avoiding?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys Im seeking some help on installing an alpine 5 channel amplifier. I can run all the wiring to the amplifier but how do I run the line output converter to 5 channels instead of the usual 4, can anyone help?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Check the install manual of the 5-channel if you have it already... or download it if you don't have the amp yet. The amp itself may and/or should be able to split the channels for you, so you can run four channels to it but output to five.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey I am going to be putting in a dvd head unit into my car. I notice the harness of both the radio and factory amp have the remote turn on lead. When I'm going to tap a lead for remote turn on which one should I use the one coming from the amp or radio harness?

·
Registered
522 Posts
hey I am going to be putting in a dvd head unit into my car. I notice the harness of both the radio and factory amp have the remote turn on lead. When I'm going to tap a lead for remote turn on which one should I use the one coming from the amp or radio harness?
I'm going to be doing the same thing and I've been private messaging FG-JOE and he said its the light blue wire on the driver side harness for the factory amp. I have a 07, can someone chime in and assure me this is correct?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Another thing to get a remote turn on lead for my aftermarket amp powering my sub should I get it from the factory radio harness by t-taping into it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about an 08' ??

2006 Honda Civic Audio Wiring Diagram​
:Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Left Front Mid + Light Green
Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers
Left Front Tweeter + Red
Left Front Tweeter - Green
Right Front Tweeter + Pink
Right Front Tweeter - Blue

·
Registered
40 Posts
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Quick noob question.

I'm trying to connect illumination wire from my AVIC D3 navi to my Canadian 2007 LX 2 doors

It says Red/Black or Gray, does it mean Red/Black or Red/Gray?

People tell me I don't wanna connect to the wrong wires when it comes to illumination wire. So I just want to be sure.

Thank you!

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
On a LX with no aux port in the center console. I connections behind the dash (which was a PITA) for the aux port is yellow or white is ACC (off when the igination is off) and black is ground.

·
Registered
827 Posts
This is sort of a wiring diagram or pinout question..

With oem amplified or "premium" systems such as my 08 Si Sedan, has anyone tried taking a regular harness that would be typically used for aftermarket head unit, and a reverse harness which goes into the head unit, and combine them with the balanced line signals out to RCA to feed amps/processor?

Might be a simple way for a plug-in bypass at the front-end head unit which could be easily reversed simply by unplugging the custom harness out of the chain.

Ok.. playing around in visio.. something like this???

.... All assuming of course I have the pinouts correct, which I probably don't. duh :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is sort of a wiring diagram or pinout question..

With oem amplified or "premium" systems such as my 08 Si Sedan, has anyone tried taking a regular harness that would be typically used for aftermarket head unit, and a reverse harness which goes into the head unit, and combine them with the balanced line signals out to RCA to feed amps/processor?

Might be a simple way for a plug-in bypass at the front-end head unit which could be easily reversed simply by unplugging the custom harness out of the chain.

Ok.. playing around in visio.. something like this???

.... All assuming of course I have the pinouts correct, which I probably don't. duh :)
Thanks, I needed a graph like that! ...Hope its right, heh.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm not completely positive the pinouts and colors, but the idea should be ok.
I'm going on the diagram I saw post#1 here and guessing at the head unit in all actuality. I'd hope a harness kit should include a color chart to confirm.

I was hoping someone would try such a thing.. Looks like it should be relatively easy to fab on the bench, then just plug in behind the head unit. Could even dress it up nice with some wrap and twisting the rca leads, etc.

Then I guess just kill the leads to the oem amp (and remove if you like).
Rewire for speaks or use the amp bypass harness if you're ok with the factory speaker wiring.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Audio system fuse

I was playing my iPod thru AUX and suddenly the whole system stopped working. Nth is coming out from the any speakers. I think the fuse blew. Pls let me know which fuse is for the audio system. I have 07 si coupe, btw.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts