8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Honda Civic Audio Wiring Diagram​
:Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Left Front Mid + Light Green
Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers
Left Front Tweeter + Red
Left Front Tweeter - Green
Right Front Tweeter + Pink
Right Front Tweeter - Blue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
you may find this underneath of the shifter...where the amplifier lies.

I tapped in my SUB from that so I can control from the stock headunit(navi)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coprol said:
one cuestion, where is the ouput of subwoofer in the radio harnes ?? :rolleyes:
There is no output from the radio for the sub, since it is powered by the factory amp (just like an aftermarket sub would be), so the positive and negative speakers wire are + Green and - Red coming out of the factory amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Pumpdog said:
There is no output from the radio for the sub, since it is powered by the factory amp (just like an aftermarket sub would be), so the positive and negative speakers wire are + Green and - Red coming out of the factory amp.
so if i wanted to get an aftermarket sub, i would need to buy a Line Out Connecter? Where would i connect that to in the back of the radio?

or...

how do i connect the Line Out Connecter to the rear speakers in an LX ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
asndragonboii said:
so if i wanted to get an aftermarket sub, i would need to buy a Line Out Connecter? Where would i connect that to in the back of the radio?

or...

how do i connect the Line Out Connecter to the rear speakers in an LX ???
There will be 4 wires coming from the LOC. Usually 1 white (LR +), 1 white w/black stripe (LR-), 1 gray (RR+), and 1 gray w/black stripe (RR-).

You can use the rear speaker wire coming from radio or get that right at the rear speakers, whichever you choose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
Pumpdog said:
There will be 4 wires coming from the LOC. Usually 1 white (LR +), 1 white w/black stripe (LR-), 1 gray (RR+), and 1 gray w/black stripe (RR-).

You can use the rear speaker wire coming from radio or get that right at the rear speakers, whichever you choose.
Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
say what?!

CivicWithNav said:
you may find this underneath of the shifter...where the amplifier lies.

I tapped in my SUB from that so I can control from the stock headunit(navi)
Is the OEM amp in models without the sub?

I have a canadian LX coupe without the upgraded sound (no sub)
I would love to be able to run my amp for the four 6.5's and maybe a sub later, off the stock deck.

Pumpdog said:
There will be 4 wires coming from the LOC. .....
Whats the LOC? one of the harnesses?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
McKennr said:
Is the OEM amp in models without the sub?

I have a canadian LX coupe without the upgraded sound (no sub)
I would love to be able to run my amp for the four 6.5's and maybe a sub later, off the stock deck.


Whats the LOC? one of the harnesses?
You can still run amps with the factory radio, you just need the LOC (Line Output Converter). It taps into your speaker wire behind radio and converts it to audio signal for RCAs for the amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Pumpdog said:
2006 Honda Civic Audio Wiring Diagram​
:Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Left Front Mid + Light Green
Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers
Left Front Tweeter + Red
Left Front Tweeter - Green
Right Front Tweeter + Pink
Right Front Tweeter - Blue
Does this diagram apply to the 4dr LX Sedan (no Navi, no factory Amp or Subs)? I'm trying to install a new amp, and I need to know which of the above I should connect to the Amp's remote turn-on input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Pumpdog said:
You can still run amps with the factory radio, you just need the LOC (Line Output Converter). It taps into your speaker wire behind radio and converts it to audio signal for RCAs for the amp.
so you can get a "LOC" and convert the out put from the facotry amp into rca for full range and sub amps? is this correct? you don't need an after market deck?

i wanted to keep the factory head as well. i already have a sub/amp. i just wondered if i could hook it up to the stock deck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have an 07 Sedan arriving next week. I would like to add the OEM amplifier for boost plus the addition of a subwoofer. Anyone have info on Honda part numbers, suppliers, and cost of the amp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Are the wires the same color for the speakers coming out of the HU and going into the amp or do they change? If so can someone post the AMP inputs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
get a loc from david navone.
plug it to the rear speakers and convert speaker output to RCA line out.
plug into the amp and hook up sub.

easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
hey guys

does anyone know how to get the factory sub to work with a Pioneer AVIC-N1? I had it installed and the guys told me they couldn't get it to work... they said something about the ohms not lining up or something, can someone PLEASE help me out????????
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top