8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
good find pumpdog question for ya or anyone, i have a 06 Ex w/o navi but with the crap stock amp w/ 7skrs /8'' sub and im going aftermarket AVIC-N3
aftermarket subs spkrs etc etc .... whats the best thing i should do ?

A) run new speaker wire from spkrs to amp and from amp to rca > AVIC-N3

B) using the stock wiring ? how what do i do? i dont want LOC since i already got aftermarked better upgrade stuff......

Pumpdog said:
2006 Honda Civic Audio Wiring Diagram​
:Radio Harness
+12V DC Constant White
Switchedd Accessory Violet
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Remote Turn On Light Blue
Illumintation Red/Black or Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

:Amplifier Outputs
Left Front Mid + Light Green
Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

:At Speakers
Left Front Tweeter + Red
Left Front Tweeter - Green
Right Front Tweeter + Pink
Right Front Tweeter - Blue
mach142 said:
I have an 07 Sedan arriving next week. I would like to add the OEM amplifier for boost plus the addition of a subwoofer. Anyone have info on Honda part numbers, suppliers, and cost of the amp?
forget stock sh!T:pat: :eek:hnoes: and spent that same amount of money on good aftermarket stuff:laughing: :thumb: heck even i know where to get better deals then CC/bb hit me up

·
Registered
837 Posts
So... just clarifying what I read here. To put my Amp and Woofers into my Si using the stock stereo, I could pull the wire from the stock 8" sub, run it through a LOC and into the amp? Or would I have to use the speaker wires because of the factory sub amp?

Just making sure I have it right, I've never done an install on a stock system without RCA pre-amps...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
hi i got an 06 lx coupe. i'm redoing the entire audio system minus the tweeters which are just going to be reused. my question is, when i run the wires from the amp to the speakers can i hook them up at the outputs of the stock amp? i believe i'll be using the same gauge wire but i'm not sure what size is in the car. is that a good idea?

·
Registered
5 Posts
pittcwhite said:
hey guys

does anyone know how to get the factory sub to work with a Pioneer AVIC-N1? I had it installed and the guys told me they couldn't get it to work... they said something about the ohms not lining up or something, can someone PLEASE help me out????????
I ran into a similar problem with another car.. the factory speakers were 2ohms and the after market stereo was 8 ohms... they wouldn't work.. I do believe you can hook an aftermarket amp made for subs that run 2 ohms to power just the subs. (if that's the issue)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pumpdog said:
+12V DC Constant White
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

Left Front Tweeter + Red
I have an Si w/ steering wheel controls. Any idea which wires on the harness the steering wheel contols would be? I can't seem to find any info on it. I see people have added these to Lx and Dx models, but I'm running an Eclipse CD player that will work with them if I can figure out which wires they are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hiphopaddict said:
I have an Si w/ steering wheel controls. Any idea which wires on the harness the steering wheel contols would be? I can't seem to find any info on it. I see people have added these to Lx and Dx models, but I'm running an Eclipse CD player that will work with them if I can figure out which wires they are.

got to www.teamfd.com.ph click the teamfd forum under the electrical you will what you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldn't imagine that you would have the same wiring diagram for the 2007 SI with AMP model would you? (Loosing mind trying to find it... no luck with the dealer either).

Thanks either way!

·
Registered
220 Posts
is the Wiring Diagram for the 2006 the same for the 2007 SI

+12V DC Constant White
Ground Black
Power Antenna Gray
Left Front + Light Green
Left Front - Pink
Right Front + Gray
Right Front - Brown
Left Rear + Yellow
Left Rear - Brown
Right Rear + Blue
Right Rear - Orange

Left Front Mid - Pink
Right Front Mid + Gray
Right Front Mid - Brown
Left Rear Mid + Yellow
Left Rear Mid - Brown
Right Rear Mid + Blue
Right Rear Mid - Orange
Subwoofer 1 + Green
Subwoofer 1 - Red

Left Front Tweeter + Red

·
Registered
3 Posts
tweeter outputs

else where on this site i read that that oem amp has seperate tweeter outputs but the wiring diagram says to get the tweeter signal at the speaker instead of at the amp. does anyone know why this is? if i need to get the tweeter signal (after the amp) can i get it at the amp or do i have to get it at the speaker?

i know the tweeter doesn't get its signal from the mid driver wire (no inline crossover from the front mid to tweeter).

any help is appreciated. also, does anyone know where the subwoofer and front mid is crossed over at? thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
07 civic

yeah i am trying 2 hook up a in dash tv,cd player in my gfs 2007 civic ex and i have everything out i just need a wiring diagram so i can match everything. i have never seen a harness with 2 lines on it. so can anybody help

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys
i have the 2007 nav for the civic but i need the harness diagram to conect it
i have two whites/gray, one purple/gray, and two black/gray one of them only have one line of gray and the other have two

21 - 40 of 88 Posts