8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1819 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
In addition to that, its not 100% original so likely wouldn't happen. Its an impressive feat for sure either way for a chassis to last this long but honda doesn't care.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually companies do follow these online forums. Where else could you find so much information for free about customers feedback to a product than here?

If it damages their reputation they may take it down, if it gets too big to they can take control. Ferrari didnt do it with a Fbook page?

Not sure he can get a brand new car, but a million miler deserves something...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have the same type of story, but with less miles, lol, with similar results.

bought a 2007 5sp coupe with 136K in January 2015.
Now has 218K, i drive about 600 miles a week, Daytona <--> orlando on I-4, worst highway in the US. Usually drive 78-84 mph when possible. car gets 34mpg all day long.

want to know about your clutch!!! still original?

Day one i put in the iridium plugs, a K&N air filter, and it had new tires.
(now have Tiger Paw tires at 195K, rotate them myself every 5,000. I'll get 80K out of them i'm sure. Autozone ceramic front break pads on crappy chineese rotors. car stops excellent. someday a good set of brembo rotors (factory) and then another set of ceramic pads because they rock!!

never hit any tractor trailer tire explosions in the roadway (we call them road alligators down here and they are very damaging!) - i did hit a tractor trailer SPARE TIRE at about 65mph one night. wheel, tire, whole deal that fell out of a truck. had to cut the plastic wheel well shield out of the car to get home and it split the bumper cover on the passenger side. Guy behind me was in a mustang from out of state. he lost his hood, his grill and drivers fender.

I use Mobil 1 also, and usually a K&N, Bosch, or Mobil One filter.
When mileage reminder goes to zero (about 6,000 miles) i change the filter and reset. Second time the mileage reminder goes to 0 I change oil and filter. car gets techron, or seafoam when i think it needs it.
Amsol gear oil in the transmission at 185k, and the old stuff came out clean.

so how is your clutch? i'm wondering. think mine is factory and therefore it has 218K. I'm very careful with it. shift out without the clutch when the RPMs feel right, shift into 1st at stop signs when i can (5.5mph)

need to change my shifter boot and knob because it's coming apart....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I joined this forum just for this thread.... cool stuff here, awesome to know i don't really put that many miles on my car, 30k a year is baby talk to some of y'all lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you put that many miles every year you deserve a car that gives you pleasure to drive. I dont come even close to those figures...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow this is amazing! IIRC Honda gave someone a brand new Accord since he hit 1,000,000 miles in his car. I think it was all original drivetrain tho. BTW we just hit 200k :)

·
Super Moderator
2,042 Posts
I hit another milestone. I just got a second car though, so the miles will not be racking up the way they used to.

https://imgur.com/srMi6Q0
No image comes up, but the link works fine.

300,000 miles! NICE!! Tell us more! What maintenance have you done? Any problems? You drive highway/city?

When I first bough mine, I was going to be happy if I reached 250,000. Now, If I don't reach at least 350,000, I'll be disappointed, LOL.

·
Registered
63 Posts

300,000 miles! NICE!! Tell us more! What maintenance have you done? Any problems? You drive highway/city?

When I first bough mine, I was going to be happy if I reached 250,000. Now, If I don't reach at least 350,000, I'll be disappointed, LOL.
All regular maintenance! Left me sit (thankfully in driveway) only once with a bad starter.

Only other annoying issue was emissions leak. I live in a state with regular emissions testing. Dealership could not figure it out.. ended up replacing the PCM 3 times as their fix. Got it to pass finally, so I am good for a while!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,791
awesome man. How's the automatic transmission holding up? I just finished repairing the 09 Civic which has an auto. It starts it's 80K miles a year journey tonight

·
Registered
63 Posts
awesome man. How's the automatic transmission holding up? I just finished repairing the 09 Civic which has an auto. It starts it's 80K miles a year journey tonight
Shifts better than my Charger haha. Really, it shows no signs of wear and tear... and to be honest, I can't remember ever having it flushed since I've had it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Delta, how many miles you been getting on each set of alternator brushes? Outside of deer accidents how many miles were you finding an average alternator was good for before overall replacement/rebuilding? Also have you had waterpump leak/go out during all this time and if so how many miles before failure? This thread is amazing and has such valuable information for component lifespan.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,796
We have the same job, I do about 105k a year. I'm going to drive mine until a deer kills it :dance:
lol. You can keep going after that too. It's pretty cheap and easy to repair the front as long as there's no frame damage. I've hit two deer head on at 70mph, replaced the headlights, fenders, hood, radiator, and radiator support, then it's on the road again. It'll have to be side, rear, or roll over damage that takes mine off the road.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,797
That means.. you drive.. 450 miles a day, 5 days a week?!
I used to do 650 a day 6 days a week for a while but yeah, I actually am doing 450 a day, 5 days a week at the moment. She had a year long break a couple years ago when I couldn't figure out a severe loss of power. I just drove my backup car and didn't really mess with it much but finally figured out it was a clogged cat and blown head gasket.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Just curious, if you ever replaced inline ATF filter behind air filter box?

EdNaviEx, how many miles are you at and did you ever get to it yet?

:dancing:

·
Super Moderator
2,042 Posts
Just curious, if you ever replaced inline ATF filter behind air filter box?

EdNaviEx, how many miles are you at and did you ever get to it yet?

:dancing:
I'm at 240,000 miles now. I NEVER touched the ATF filter. I don't plan on touching it unless my tranny starts to do funny things. Besides, the "filter" is actually a metal mesh. Unless something BREAKS, I don't think replacing the "filter" is worth it.

Regards!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm at 240,000 miles now. I NEVER touched the ATF filter. I don't plan on touching it unless my tranny starts to do funny things. Besides, the "filter" is actually a metal mesh. Unless something BREAKS, I don't think replacing the "filter" is worth it.

Regards!
Thanks man, following your lead :dance:

1781 - 1800 of 1819 Posts