8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1819 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would love to know what tires you have been running during the million miles!! I have to think that someone that is putting that type of mileage on should know which ones work/hold up very well!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,766
The one on the right is the one with over a million miles. The other one is an 09 EX-L auto with a salvage title and only 100k miles that I picked up and repaired, only paid $1,600 for her. My girlfriend will be driving that one for work at about 80k miles a year. We plan on getting a third one to replace our 99 Odyssey as a backup car.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
How is that driver seat looking these days, ever swap it out?!?!?!?1

Nice that you have a bumber again, an improvement from last time.....after striking two deer haha.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,770
We do medical deliveries to nursing homes. My girlfriend does about 80k and I do about 125k miles a year. I still have the original seat but I had to replace the shifter knob a couple times and the steering wheel once and my center console arm rest is busted. lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
We do medical deliveries to nursing homes. My girlfriend does about 80k and I do about 125k miles a year. I still have the original seat but I had to replace the shifter knob a couple times and the steering wheel once and my center console arm rest is busted. lol
What your girlfriend drive ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
1,2 mln miles equals 30 times round the equator, it's like 3 trips to the moon!, that's impressive, hope honda would make your achievement a great material for an ad... if they ever call, but....:)
Hats off to you!

Thanks for your last reply, the red aladdin lamp occasional blink disappeared completely after I changed the faulty oil pressure sensor. The red oil light really pissed me off, I thought my bearings are ruined, but finally everything sounds and is fine.

When it comes to proper oil weight use in R18, I tested following: 10W60, 5W40, 0W30 and all I can say is when using the last one I had the best engine response with power and smooth operation. Using the heavier ones makes the engine run smooth as well but it lacks the quick response and seems to accelerate a little bit slower, I'm talking about my observations. Hard to say if it runs quieter or not. Perhaps.
In all european honda manuals they recommend 0W20 but in some they allow 5W30/40
sometimes 0W30/40 in some cases they allow 10W30/40 but they dont recommend 15W40 to use in Europe.
The 10W30 and 5W20 are the viscosities that are really hard to get in Europe, they're just simply unpopular.
The Honda dealers put 0W20 then switch to 5W30 and just put it during the warranty.

Anyway what do you think about some people saying that using ultra low viscosity weight oils will decrease the lifespan of the engine and are designed to meet corporate average fuel economy? What about the low HTHS ~2,6 people are afraid that the oil film will break and do the damage, how would you comment? Your trips are telling the opposite, I don't know your profession but apparently you're the one with the 1,2 mln mile experience.
Have a say

BTW Keep us informed on the mileage as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
a brand new car....
Honda should definitely be aware of this achievement
yeah, sure, they're not reading our threads they look at current sales charts that's it.
They are slowly following other manufacturers who make cars sheetter everyday, they make them last shorter, look at new eco friendly water based paint over the brand new civics, it's really vulnerable and easy to destroy, honda is removing more and more gadgets like stickers and some minor things from interior, hope they won't hurt engines cause their engines are just one of the best in the world.
Anyway, I wish they made a great tv advert or something and give a man a brand new civic in reward for showing how long this bytch can last.:clapping:

1761 - 1780 of 1819 Posts