8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have an ex coupe and the history of my vehicle from 30k miles showed no engine swap, and my EX coupe did not come with i-vtec or any kind of vtec to that matter i have a regular SOHC 4cyl ?1.8L i think?
but still for the bet, my EX did not come vtec

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have an ex coupe and the history of my vehicle from 30k miles showed no engine swap, and my EX coupe did not come with i-vtec or any kind of vtec to that matter i have a regular SOHC 4cyl ?1.8L i think?
but still for the bet, my EX did not come vtec
I guess that all depends on the year really but im willing to bet that it does.. pretty much every civic from like 02 (not exact year, just a guess) has VTEC.. some may have i-Vtec and some may have just VTEC but all have some form of variable valve timing.
The R18 engine, that was put in every non-Si civic between 06-10, has i-Vtec SOHC and is a 1.8L 4cyl 16 valve etc etc..
It may not be stamped on the valve cover but it does..
as a matter of fact. The FA1 (which is pretty much the Japanese equivalent to our Ex/Lx/Dx) does have it stamped on the wire harness (its a little bit bigger of a wire harness too..) i see a lot of people ordering them and putting them on their R18s here in the states.

now i could be wrong on this but i think that at the end of 2007 they re-released the LX, in the states, and it had the I-Vtec stamp with the bigger wire harness. I could be out right wrong on this but ill let you guys tell me other wise.

I drive an 09 civic ex and I vtec..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess that all depends on the year really but im willing to bet that it does.. pretty much every civic from like 02 (not exact year, just a guess) has VTEC.. some may have i-Vtec and some may have just VTEC but all have some form of variable valve timing.
The R18 engine, that was put in every non-Si civic between 06-10, has i-Vtec SOHC and is a 1.8L 4cyl 16 valve etc etc..
It may not be stamped on the valve cover but it does..
as a matter of fact. The FA1 (which is pretty much the Japanese equivalent to our Ex/Lx/Dx) does have it stamped on the wire harness (its a little bit bigger of a wire harness too..) i see a lot of people ordering them and putting them on their R18s here in the states.

now i could be wrong on this but i think that at the end of 2007 they re-released the LX, in the states, and it had the I-Vtec stamp with the bigger wire harness. I could be out right wrong on this but ill let you guys tell me other wise.

I drive an 09 civic ex and I vtec..

:deadhorse:

·
Registered
6 Posts
all R18 engines have i-vtec, which is set for economy and power at lower RPM. It's engaged at lower RPM and disabled at higher RPM.

To dumb it down, it's reverse vtec.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts