8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend thinks that only the ex's have i-vtec, and he wont believe that my lx has it too. We made a $20 bet about our argument and im pretty sure that im right but he needs proof lol. anyone want to help me out by proving that my 2010 lx has i-vtec?

and he knows its not like traditional vtec where it creates more power, but helps fuel economy from 1000-3500rpm

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have an lx and I have it. We all got the same motor, we all got it. unfortunately, we dont have the powerful vtec as the k20's lol

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've always wondered why Honda Fits say i-vtec on the engine when you lift up the hood. But when you look at an 8th gen Honda Civic's engine, it just says "Honda". It made me look up the specs on Honda's website just to verify that I had i-vtec in my engine, LOL.

And Civic EXs really are a waste of money unless you truly care about the moonroof. The engine is the same.......just save some money and buy an LX instead. Put on some nice custom rims on it. Tell your friend that, LOL.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've always wondered why Honda Fits say i-vtec on the engine when you lift up the hood. But when you look at an 8th gen Honda Civic's engine, it just says "Honda". It made me look up the specs on Honda's website just to verify that I had i-vtec in my engine, LOL.

And Civic EXs really are a waste of money unless you truly care about the moonroof. The engine is the same.......just save some money and buy an LX instead. Put on some nice custom rims on it. Tell your friend that, LOL.
I actually bought an EX because I DESPISE drum brakes! They are the worst thing ever and should not be on small cars IMO. I'm not really a big fan of the sunroof myself...

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Alloy wheels, premium sound, moonroof, rear disc brakes. Sure, you could add your own wheels/sound/brakes to an LX for the same price, but still wouldn't have the moonroof.

Personally, I had an LX and now an Si, but I can see why some people would choose an EX.

And I really wish I had some dumb friends willing to give me their money.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I'm pretty sure all Honda engines are going to use some form of variable timing from now on, as are most manufacturers. Not necessary to stamp VTEC on everything.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
because i know some of my friends asked if my car had vtec... i just said nah its just got a stock honda engine..

and i didnt want to put a vtech dohc sticker on my r18 because i wasnt sure if it had vtec...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
They all have the same engine/trans/.
If you want the best deal, go out and get a dx-g. It comes with AC, and most stuff people have to have.
Your going to mod the stereo, and rims anyway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts