8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Big Red's Beautifications

16K views 88 replies 12 participants last post by  Slasher 
#1 ·
Big Red aka JMP09FG2 detailed the G for the first time today and words cannot explain how happy I am with how it turned out.He made the plane look better then it ever did while I had it when he detailed it back in April last year and he did the same today to the G.I might have bought it used but I am 100% it didnt look as good as it does right now.Pictures do not do it justice

THANKS Big Red :bighug:

Hood Before

Roof Before

Trunk Before

Hood before under halogen light

The Plane when he did it while with Hill City Auto Detail

Before

A side by side comparison

After

See less See more
#2 ·
Jon Y U NO take pictures of Tropicana detail?!

I rep for Big Red as well. Hell of a detailer and awesome dude to work with.

#9 ·
Oh yes, it shall be quite enjoyable.
amazing work! thanks willy, i will definitively be taking scuba steve down for detailing.
Wow, awesome. PM box is always open when you're ready to set that up!

#12 ·
I actually lucked out with this one. One panel had been completely repainted and I'm guessing there was another detailer (whether at the dealership or private) that had worked on this. Paint wasn't in terrible condition and was very easy to work with. For the "tops" (hood, roof, trunk lid) I used a Meguiar's microfiber cutting pad and Meguiar's D300 and then for everything else I used a cyan hydro-tech pad and D300. Didn't get 100% correction due to a few VERY deep RIDS, but I can count the number of those on one hand ;)

#11 ·
Not feeling well that morning = too many beer farts in the garage during the correction :rotfl:

You do deserve it dude. You do great work.

#16 ·
5 inch megs pad 6 inch hydro tech. My griot's can handle the big meaty pad without a problem, but the pad can't be worked for too long or its start to form a heat dimple right in the middle.

#29 ·
You want your RR to look like this and he hasnt even truly beautified it yet since he got it back from the bodyshop

Long as my RR looks like that when its finished! Hahaha

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#34 ·
As long as you're using the low profile HT's you should be fine. Bump the speed up to 5-6 though and lighten the pressure. Try that and see what happens. The PC isn't all that powerful so you should be fine. On my griot's I'm only running with speed 4-4.5 or less on 95% of the correction I do.

#41 ·
You sir have a PM as well as some scheduling opportunities.

For anyone else looking at this wondering about scheduling, I will still be taking a full course load AND working full time at my real job as soon as next week is over. I will need your car for a FULL day for full corrections and am usually booked a couple of weekends in advance. The sooner you contact me for a detail, the sooner you get to leave my place with a brand new looking car :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.