8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I see Zex Nitrous kit injecting a shoot of 35CV without changing anything, without adding fuel or motor delay. This is safe, because someone tried it?
It is more convenient or wet system that injects nitro + fuel?

I was just inject approximately 30-35cv shoot without major complications, any advice?

The kit: Zex: Safe Shot Nitrous System From ZEX™

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
you need a wet shot for the SI. the one you linked doesnt add any fuel. you will lean out the motor too much.

and i wouldnt recomend ZEX nitrous kits. the solenoid box is known to fail, and when it does you need to replace it (2 solenoids inside). if you get a NX or NOS kit you can replace just the failing solenoid.

and i ran a 50 shot on my SI with only 1 step colder spark plugs.
but id recomend at least a bottle heater and a WOT/RPM window switch along with the kit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
you need a wet shot for the SI. the one you linked doesnt add any fuel. you will lean out the motor too much.

and i wouldnt recomend ZEX nitrous kits. the solenoid box is known to fail, and when it does you need to replace it (2 solenoids inside). if you get a NX or NOS kit you can replace just the failing solenoid.

and i ran a 50 shot on my SI with only 1 step colder spark plugs.
but id recomend at least a bottle heater and a WOT/RPM window switch along with the kit.
how does your car run with the 1 step colder spark plugs when your not on spray??

·
Registered
248 Posts
yeah i know holy dead thread revival. BUTTTTT...

can you be reliable DD with only 1 step colder spark plugs and a tune on a wet 35 or 50 shot?

closing in on 100k miles and not looking to go 75 or 100 and having to change jets and other small miscellaneous things... just want to spray whenever with no worries and just a little more power.

Added/Edit: would i need bigger injectors and fuel pump?

have i/h/e/fp/mounts already...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just intalled a Zex wet N20 on my 09Civic SI. It is only a 55 shot but man I totally noticed a difference itslike having a turbo except with no lag. Its set to kick in at 5,000 rpm. I wanna go 75-100 shot but I need to delay my timing 2 seconds and get a bigferfuel pump (Walbro 255 or Aeromotive).
So far my mods besides the turbo are:
Tsudo Headers
Tsudo full racecatback exhaust with bafflle still ogherwise it's superloud and a cop magnet.
Injen cold air intake. I think I'm running about 260hp. I also removed my big ass subwoofer box as well as my spear tire. Would like anyone elses opinion as to what to put on next?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts