8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to the dark side man. Wished more people would add NOS under the hood.

LOL ya paul ..but to bad nitrous isnt for everybody..people hate it so much over here..they even said nitrous for p%^$ and stuff.:wigglesmiley: even some cars that have a turbo dont even want to go head to head with me because im running nitrous..its pretty said.

How much does it cost to have a nitrous bottle re-filled?
cost me $35 to refill mine..its always good to be friends with the owner family

Were the directions for install straight forward? been wanting a zex kit for a while.
install is very straight foward..it be even more easier if you have a aftermarket fuel rail so you can just run the fuel line to it

Cool stuff man. Yeah nitrous has always been the go fast for cheap. But if you're like a lot of other people, they don't like that it's inconsistent (bottle pressure dependent, empty bottle, not always there, etc)

They want that power all the time, which is why most people go boost :D
thats so true.. i perfer to surprise people and they dont know what hit them.. :corona:

ok enough with the talking until you post a picture then we continue talking..:beer: lol
:useless:

·
Registered
345 Posts
What? 35 dollars for a bottle refill? You should try that here in Holland.

Last year my tuner closed its doors and I was stuck without nitrous.
I had no other choice but to rent a large 35kg nitrous cylinder and this turned into a right battle with authorities and bureaucrats but in the end I won although at large expense.
I paid 517 Euro for a 3 year rent of a large gas cylinder. Delivers between 6-7 fillups before it needs to be replaced with another cylinder which costs me 248 Euro again.
Luckily some of my buddies in the dragracing community fill up their bottle at my place so I can offset the costs partly but it`s an outrage compared to what I paid some 10 years ago.

Here a link to my nitrous cylinder install antics, page 5 I think:

NITROUS OXIDE ( nos / n2o ) advice forum • 2008 FN2 Honda Civic Type R progress thread

·
Registered
512 Posts
Were the directions for install straight forward? been wanting a zex kit for a while.
The directions right off the manuel can be a little bit tricky, but once you finished installing you'll think it wasn't that hard at all. I'm running 75 shots on my automatic r18 *pause for hate comments* and that **** pulls like a type s!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nitrous is fun until it goes South......Then you want to upgrade to direct port....
Hey post pictures of your set up...and good luck!
Yep, and it ALWAYS GOES SOUTH! I don't care how many people say it's "safe". You are going to need an engine rebuild soon. Just my .02 from a guy that had 2 engines in 2 different cars get slagged from nitrous, using "safe kits" and what not...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I blew my motor 2 years ago running a 100 shot (NoZ)@ 1350Psi. With it tuned I would get from 20 to 129 in about 9 seconds.

Threw a rod doing a third gear pull :( But its hella fun!

Id do it again but stick with a 50 shot.

·
Registered
345 Posts
1350 psi? Wow. Your engine must have been on a super lean mixture. No wonder it blew. Didn`t you look at the nitrous gauge on your bottle?

·
Registered
364 Posts
1350 psi? Wow. Your engine must have been on a super lean mixture. No wonder it blew. Didn`t you look at the nitrous gauge on your bottle?
Yea I did. I purposefully put bigger fuel nipples when the pressure runs high. A little bit younger and naive back then. Sold the kit to help pay for a new engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
love nitro!!! I think the only time i "need" more horsepower is whe i am street racing, or racing other people. Other than that a kseries with few bolt ons and suspension are all i need.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spray equals no bueno. I loved my nitrous but blew up a spark plug which broke a valve. I was doing a crazy shot though. No one has the balls to be sraying as much as i did. I had a stock set up with 200 shot lmfao. I was rippin on vettes, new M3's and srt8 chargers. The car was fast as hell but the set up only lased me about 3 months till the broken valve happened. All i can say is these k20's are strong as sheif because i was using a bottle a week. I was hokked on it like crack. Just be carful and have the car tuned with correct colder spark plugs. Holla.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Yeah i'd say that's a big shot for a stock motor man. jesus. I probably wouldn't go over a 125 shot on a stock setup.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts