8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is HOLY ****. At 55mph in third gear at 5400rpm, step on it, no
traction, whenI finally catch traction I have to shift quick then 4th accelerates like my third gear on motor. 108 mph came much quicker then I expected where I throw 5th. I'm glad I didn't get a supercharger or cam and
spend all that money. I say from my 13.3 all motor pass I can make it into
the 11's on the 75 shot. The torque I feel is unbeleivable. I tryed once at 3000rpm and it felt like a v8 on the bottom and when it hit vtec, boom no traction. This is a great mod. I will be going to the track on saturday to see
what I can do on my hoosier drag radials. Will be spraying from 2nd on up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:eek2: sounds sickkkkkk!

ahh man ive been going back and forth between rrc/j35 or spray... now im leaning back towards spray! lol

you MUST take a video and post, i wanna see it!

·
Registered
641 Posts
From 55 shot to 75 shot ..not bad not bad at all ..glad to see you bump up the pills ..you will be in the 12's no doubt about that ..now its all about timing the right time to hit it ..

If you want a better hit then make sure your bottle is in the 900-1100 psi range..anything under then that is a weak hit ..this is why bottle warmer is needed during winter season ..purge the line also ..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys back again, went to my friends house and put on the laptop with the flashpro
and did some 60-100 pulls off and on the nitrous. I had a 0.36 nitrous pill and 0.17 fuel
pill and the afr's were in the 12.0-12.5 range with the bottle pressure at 1050. We timed
the 60-100 runs on thre freeway with him in the car. My car on motor does 60-100 in 6.9
and on the 65 shot it did 5.6. It was 1.3 seconds faster. Then to really test it he got in
his audi s4 wagon v8 and did 4 third gear rolls on the freeway. On motor I pull 1 to 1/2 cars to 120mph. On the 65 shot he said about 6-7 cars I had on him. At the end I guess
the bottle was getting cold and I only pulled 4 cars. I just got home weighed the bottle
and I only have 3lbs of nitrous left so I will be refilling it tommorrow. I did the 0.40 fuel
pill with the 0.19 fuel pill earlier today and it felt way better then the 65 shot. It really
all depends on bottle pressure. At least now I know I'm safe with the afrs. Tommorow I
gonna buy a go-pro and maybe I can put the video on this site with my buddys help cuz I don't have a scanner and he does.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No internal work whatsoever, just your basic bolt on si with 350lbs of weight reduction.
Mods are:

3.5 inch cai
kidd header
tsudo 70mm
img,p2r spacer,
stock tsx tb
rrc manifold
rdx injectors
ralco rz underive pulley
Flashpro
P2r fuel rail with fitting at the other end to run the hose for spray

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The nitrous kit was 625.00 shipped from summit racing. Anybody can install this its
very easy and very safe. Its so safe that I had to run a smaller fuel pill on the 65 shot
because the recommended fuel pill is a .019 and the car was running in the low 11-11.3
on the AFR's. I switched it out for the .017 pill which is the one recommended for the 55
shot and it brought the afr's into th low to mid twelves which is still very safe.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Cool stuff man. Yeah nitrous has always been the go fast for cheap. But if you're like a lot of other people, they don't like that it's inconsistent (bottle pressure dependent, empty bottle, not always there, etc)

They want that power all the time, which is why most people go boost :D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Damm 13.3 passes on all motor. I ran 13.8 and I'm making 450+ whp. Gee. I have not traction what do ever until 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts