8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, POSTEM up. for some reason i could not get nothing better than around a 15. But i'm not that good at it.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
did you run your SI at the track? You might be one of the first to run your car at the track. Post up your slips or times.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, it was at the track. I dont have my time slips anymore. i'll have to keep them next time. I was to dispointed to keep them. i was hoping for at least a 14 or 13. oh well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Curbow_USMC said:
yea, it was at the track. I dont have my time slips anymore. i'll have to keep them next time. I was to dispointed to keep them. i was hoping for at least a 14 or 13. oh well.
Even high 14's is pushing it man. -_-"

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
haha 13s! lol this isnt a supercar you know. lol jk but yea i think the best we have heard was 14.7 with a cai... so i think your gunna need some mods to get into the 13s

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i know 13 would be pushing it. i'll run it again after i get the intake and catback and see what i get, maybe a 14 with that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
according to what I've read, '06 Si should be capable of 15.1 at about 90 mph. Stock that is. There's a big difference between a 15 car, and a 13 car. We're probably not going to see an Si run a 13 until the turbo kits come out. Intake and Catback don't add enough hp to get you much lower than a 14.8 probably, that'd be my guess.

sidenote. i know AEM's intake is supposed to add something like 10-14 hp, and DC Sport's exhaust is supposed to add about the same. I read that honda measured the HP in the 06's differently, using some new standard which made the numbers lower. so the 197 stock hp, if measured the same as past years, would actually probably be more like 210 / 215 or so i'd guess. so with the intake and exhaust, you'd end up around 235 / 245 max?

is a 2800 / 2900 lb car with 245 hp, capable of running a 13? and at what speed? I've got another thread i'm posting in about the Si's top speed, so far we've got evidence of up to 147 mph. i don't know if a 13 or even low 14 is possible, that is a serious question. does anyone know anymore than this? correct me if i'm wrong please.

I just want to know the facts, so I don't sound like an idiot if I try to compare my '06 Si with someone else's car that could probably run a 13. my buddy has a mustang with 450+ hp, '06 also.... V8 superchanged i think.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think a 14.7 is about the limit for a stock Si. But that's still an awesome time. My opinion is that 13's may be possible once the turbo kits become widely available.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, i suck at drag racing (mostly just because i dont do it much at all) so i guess that is why i got bad times.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Curbow_USMC said:
What.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Curbow_USMC said:
^^^ that has done been covered; @$$
Yeah, and you just double posted about that white FG on ebay, I know that has been covered too, give the guy a break. Not everyone sees every thread...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BantamSLK said:
Yeah, and you just double posted about that white FG on ebay, I know that has been covered too, give the guy a break. Not everyone sees every thread...
haha, ok you got me.... my bad

·
Registered
420 Posts
BantamSLK said:
Thank you.

Curbow_USMC said:
^^^ that has done been covered; @$$
I know it's been covered. As someone seeing this thread for the first time I'm responding in disbelief that someone thought they could run a 13 with their stock Si. "@$$"

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ever12 said:
Thank you.

I know it's been covered. As someone seeing this thread for the first time I'm responding in disbelief that someone thought they could run a 13 with their stock Si. "@$$"
ok man, i apoligised. Dont try to start ****.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts