8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
09 Civic LX. This may sound a little insane, but I just passed 388k. I have been driving for both Lyft and Uber for the past 4 years, plus random trips a couple of hours from home to visit nearby relatives, etc. I do my own maintenance, for the most part, ONLY Pennzoil Platinum Plus synthetic oil, and Castrol multi import transmission fluid which I change every 20K. Still runs great!
Wow, original engine and transmission? What, if any, major components have been changed?

Nice, thanks for sharing!

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

So far, so Good.
I run Exxon, Shell, Mobile gas. For some reason, the engine feels "crispy" (very responsive) with Exxon. I dunno.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Only 12k miles before the big 300! If you buy 5 quarts of pennzoil synthetic oil you get a $22 shell gas giftcard.

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
With the Exxon Rewards, I've accumulated about $30 of free gas. As far as oil, I've been using Mobile1 since day 1. Finding a deal on a case of it is difficult. Doesn't seem to bulge below $42 (6) a case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m Canadian so my car reads in KM instead of miles. 2007 r18 with 155,000 km. Purchased from the Honda dealership at 120,000 the summer of 2018. After conversion, would be at 96,875 miles. Only thing I’ve had to replace was a starter which makes sense on a 13 year old car. I change the oil every 5-6k km with fully synthetic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought mine little over 3 years ago with 77K on the clock, around 140K miles now (had a job for a while that required me to use my own car so I put a ton of miles on it after a while) Had a 2006 Civic before this and am deeply in love with the 8th gen civics so I had to get another! Honestly only biggest regret is getting this in black, along with the paint issues 8th gens have, black paint just shows every imperfection in your paint and I can’t stand it lol. Speaking of paint I’ll be getting the front end repainted, it’s just riddled with paint chips all over the front bumper, hood, front fenders and I plan to keep this car for another 5 years the least so I want it to look good for a while. Plus, once I get it repainted I’ll be installing clear bras on everything so I won’t get paint chips again.

Current projects I’m doing now is replacing all the wheel bearings, got the front ones done last week and rear ones probably next week. Hopefully it’ll reduce the road noise I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Bought mine little over 3 years ago with 77K on the clock, around 140K miles now (had a job for a while that required me to use my own car so I put a ton of miles on it after a while) Had a 2006 Civic before this and am deeply in love with the 8th gen civics so I had to get another! Honestly only biggest regret is getting this in black, along with the paint issues 8th gens have, black paint just shows every imperfection in your paint and I can’t stand it lol. Speaking of paint I’ll be getting the front end repainted, it’s just riddled with paint chips all over the front bumper, hood, front fenders and I plan to keep this car for another 5 years the least so I want it to look good for a while. Plus, once I get it repainted I’ll be installing clear bras on everything so I won’t get paint chips again.

Current projects I’m doing now is replacing all the wheel bearings, got the front ones done last week and rear ones probably next week. Hopefully it’ll reduce the road noise I have now.

2x on the clear bra, just remember that it isn't supposed to be permanent. i was told it has to come off every 3-4 years. I've had mine one for probably 10 years, LOL. I've had the hood repainted and bumper replaced. The 2 front fenders still have the clear bra. It is a 3M product and has held up well (shiny when waxed).

As far as wax, I'm going to give Collonite No. 845 Insulator Wax a try. I've heard good things. I used to have a black car, WOW, PITA to keep clean.

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
2x on the clear bra, just remember that it isn't supposed to be permanent. i was told it has to come off every 3-4 years. I've had mine one for probably 10 years, LOL. I've had the hood repainted and bumper replaced. The 2 front fenders still have the clear bra. It is a 3M product and has held up well (shiny when waxed).

As far as wax, I'm going to give Collonite No. 845 Insulator Wax a try. I've heard good things. I used to have a black car, WOW, PITA to keep clean.

Good luck!
Yeah I’ve seen plenty of cars with clear bras that have been on definitely longer than 3-4 years and look fine, so I guess your results vary but I’m honestly so excited to have the whole front end clear bra’d and never have to look at a rock chip again. I actually saw your post a while back of your applying your clear bra, hopefully it’s holding up well! Also heard great things of collonite, one of the best wax out there so it’s a good purchase!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love those headlights!

I am at 320k on my 06. It's my loaner vehicle to family and friends now... aannd its not so clean anymore. Still runs great! I was surprised, my last update on this thread was 2015! I have since went back to completely stock. Doesn't really get driven much anymore between my other vehicles. I honestly think that will be its downfall... if it sits, it will break :(
I've thought about keeping mine for the same thing as a family loaner but almost everyone has forgotten or doesn't know how to drive a stick or just refuses to drive it :cautious: so it is just me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2007 EX Coupe 5spd Silver
572,000 miles
beat that
Take care of your Honda and it will never die, here's my pic of hitting half a million miles

101 - 111 of 111 Posts