8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
2006 LX bought in 2012 with 60k on it.

248K Miles.

Cracked block though at 93k. Got a complete new motor.

Besides items that wear out like brakes, structs, etc I've had to replaced the AC compressor (died the day I bought it) zero charge though since dealer covered it. AC fan relay at 130k, AC Fan Motor 135k, Driver Windows switch, Alternator at 170k, Starter at 160k, Control arm bushings at 220k (replaced with urethane), PCV valve at 200k. Drivers Side axles at 93k and then again at 140k, Passenger side axle at 242k.

That's it so far.

Not too bad other then the motor but that was free.. My 06 civic needs shocks bad lol I'm just lazy and don't want to waste one of my two days off changing them. My when it starts to eat the tires then I will.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Year: 2007
Model: EX 5-speed coupe
Color: Galaxy Grey Metallic
Miles: 105K
Typical MPG: between 32-38 MPG depending on how and where I'm driving.
Oil: Pennzoil 10W-20
Oil filter: K&N
Issues: Broken engine mount, one wheel bearing, one tie rod, and one clutch (Clutch was all my fault lol)

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
2006 Lx

122,5xx miles

5k oil changes w/filter (5w-20 conventional), coolant every 30k, ATF every 25k

Repairs
-tensioner with pulleys and belt at 75k
-alternator 79k
-battery 80k and 121k (second one was just preventative maintenance)
-starter 82k
-cleaned throttle body 2x (threw code)
-replaced both front radio speakers

·
Registered
74 Posts
2010 Civic Lx 4Dr 9/3/09 manufactured date took delivery 0n 9/10/09

140,477 miles 32.4 mpg overall in the 6.5 years of owning it kept track of every fillup with gas cubby

Oil changed every 5k always synthetic 5w-20 always from a Honda dealer

Replaced battery at 93k

No issues at all just replaced struts and shocks
Replaced maf sensor when I put a kn cold air intake on it
Replaced both o2 sensors just as preventative maintenance
Normal Maintence on all fluids

Image1466815865.901521.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Year 2006
Model LX Sedan Auto
Miles 168,000
Haven't calcuated the MPG but I normally get 330 out a full tank
Either Mobil 1 oil & filter or Amsoil oil and filter

·
Super Moderator
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
update:

Service done last week:
1) oil 0W20
2) oil filter
3) air filter
4) cabin filter
5) replaced A/C compressor

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 EX coupe
Roughly 210,174 Miles
Bought it around 206,643 and so far replaced air filter, all 4 wheel bearings (it sounded like a train before they were done), oil, and now I’m replacing the clutch and throwout bearing.
So much more to fix: AC compressor, radio, passenger window (needs motor) front bumper (original owner hit a turkey doing 75, cracked the corner under the driver side headlight and the paint is chipping all over) various scratches and dents on the sides and roof (weird paint fade on the roof some have clean straight lines)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Year: 2006
Model: EX
Miles 170430
typical MPG: 33-34 MPG
Oil: Mobile1 Full Synthetic 5W-20
filters: OEM
Issues:

OEM Radio has developed a mind of its own. Switches between FM/AM/AUX on it own, then will just stop working all together often. Believe its due to the common "overheating" issue I've heard these radios have. Ready for a double din system.

Light metal rattle noise coming from underneath the car when moving from a stop often, and between 4K-5K RPM. Really sounded like the brake dust shield rubbing on the rotor, but after inspecting I don't believe that is the case. Probably a heat shield? Need to get under the car and start whacking stuff with a mallet.

One more small thing. The top cell on the fuel gauge will never light up after filling the tank, but I know is still functional as it lights up with the dash warning light check upon start up. Anyone else got this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
06 si. 89k on 2nd engine..
Hydrolocked the first one at 39k miles due to the fact that it had a ram air from a previous owner and the CAI ran down to behind the fog light. Ran threw a what seemed shallow puddle but it was almost a lake this was a stormy night.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know there aren't many R18 members around anymore (I've actually been looking at a 13' Si).. anyways I'm curious I've got basic bolt-on's on an auto and wondering if anybody uses any additives etc. to "help" the car keep running like new. I'm about to hit 175K KM's,

Oil change a few weeks ago,
AC compressor/clutch replaced at 165K KM's
Basic maintenance done by Honda.. don't have much time to due stuff myself unfortunately, Honda said engine/tranny seem in good shape for being 10
Steering rack may need to be replaced, condensation is causing the rubber on it to "fail".. not looking forward to that cost

·
Super Moderator
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I know there aren't many R18 members around anymore (I've actually been looking at a 13' Si).. anyways I'm curious I've got basic bolt-on's on an auto and wondering if anybody uses any additives etc. to "help" the car keep running like new. I'm about to hit 175K KM's,

Oil change a few weeks ago,
AC compressor/clutch replaced at 165K KM's
Basic maintenance done by Honda.. don't have much time to due stuff myself unfortunately, Honda said engine/tranny seem in good shape for being 10
Steering rack may need to be replaced, condensation is causing the rubber on it to "fail".. not looking forward to that cost
Additives? If you haven't experienced anything (smoking, low on oil, etc), then leave it alone. I have over a quarter of a million miles and never adding anything. The only additive I put into the gas tank is fuel system cleaner maybe 1-2 a year. I regularly use top tier gasoline as well.

Regarding the steering, I had a small leak. It only happened when it was cold, but I just kept topping off the fluid. It has since disappeared. I'm not the only one this has happened to, so take that for what it's worth.

Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Additives? If you haven't experienced anything (smoking, low on oil, etc), then leave it alone. I have over a quarter of a million miles and never adding anything. The only additive I put into the gas tank is fuel system cleaner maybe 1-2 a year. I regularly use top tier gasoline as well.

Regarding the steering, I had a small leak. It only happened when it was cold, but I just kept topping off the fluid. It has since disappeared. I'm not the only one this has happened to, so take that for what it's worth.

Good luck.
Yeah I was thinking about using a fuel-additive/cleaner.. I probably should have cleaned my throttle body before I installed the spacer too but all well.

I might switch tranny coolant when/if I install a cooler but I'm not sure yet.

Honda said it will be around $1500 and up when it does fail so that'll be fun

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
2010 LX has about 75k miles. Dont think she will make it to 100k, keeps on squeaking and i am not sure where its coming from because it is not constant.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2010 LX has about 75k miles. Dont think she will make it to 100k, keeps on squeaking and i am not sure where its coming from because it is not constant.
75k miles? The car hasn't even been broken in yet lol. Maybe belt or brakes causing the noise

61 - 80 of 111 Posts