Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll start.

Year: 2007
Model: EX
Miles (as of 5/24/2015): 178,100 miles
typical MPG: 36-39. I do 95% highway.
Oil: Mobile1, 0W-20
filters: only OEM
Issues: a few stuck calipers (not really the calipers, but those pins). Brake switch. A/C recharged 2x in 8 years. There is probably a leak, but it is slow.

Other. These issues stem from mods/add ons, so not Honda's fault:
1) had to replace ABS module (professional installer tapped into my wires for my lighted door sills, then reconnected them leaving the others exposed. Time caught up with it and a short resulted. $500 to replace the damn thing)
2) MICU. I had a bluetooth (rostra) installed a few years back and suddenly my car alarm (OEM) would go off. Dealer found the MICU malfunctioning and traced it to BT module. Had the MICU replaced and removed the BT.

Nothing else comes to mind. I love my R18, saw some folks have well over that. Pretty anal about maintenance. I change the oil when the indicator reads 15%. I average about 8-9K miles between changes. ATF, I drain and fill at least 2x a year. I use OEM filters and try to keep her clean.

I've said since the beginning if my car reaches 250,000, I'd be happy. Now, I'd like to reach 300,000, we'll see. Baring any accidents (knock on wood), I don't see why not.

So, how much??

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Year: 2006
Model: LX Coupe AT
Miles (as of 5/24/2015): 150K miles
Typical MPG: Low to mid 30s (keeping track since 2006 in Excel)
Oil: Mobil 1 Fully synthetic, 5W-20 or 0w-20, whichever one is on sale.
Filters: WIX/Napa
Issues: Rear wheel bearings. Front "wheel" noise.

Rear wheel bearings: Left-rear replaced twice. Now, I can hear the right-rear making noises.
Front wheel noise: Swapped wheels and bearings replaced, still hear the rumbling sound.

Can't think of any other big issues, besides the fact that the engine can crack anytime and I only have 5 months of warranty left on the engine (10 years from first date of purchase). I have never recharged my AC, still blowing cold and doing its job. Change my ATF every 40K miles, 5-6 drain and fills.

Still freakin' love this car!! I'll probably keep this car 'til it disintegrates! Ain't too bad for a first-year model car, or in my case, first-month model car.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Model: LX
Miles (as of 5/24/2015): 236,400 miles
typical MPG: 44. 75hwy/25city
Oil: Mobile1, 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy
filters: Mobile1
Issues: AC evaporator (aka dryer?), AC compressor, F/R brakes, both front power windows.
Mods: HCHII wheels, HCHII underbody panels

I keep my tires above the "max psi" and monitor them pretty regularly. Contrary to popular belief, and I can say this having done it on three different brands of tires, they DO NOT wear out prematurely in the middle. My current set of Goodyear Fuel Max tires have 86k miles on them and probably have another 20-30k miles left. They've been run at "max psi" (which is 51) or greater since day one. Most of my driving is on the highway as well.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Model: LX sedan
Miles (as of 5/26/2015): ~140,000 miles
typical MPG: 25-40 (Depends greatly on how crazy I drive. I did a lot a back road hooliganism to get that 25mpg )
Oil: RoyalPurple, 5W-20
filters: RoyalPurple
Issues: Leaky steering rack. And a loud popping noise from the bushings in my front air suspension struts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Year 2006
Model Ex 4door/5speed.
Miles 160,000
Mpg 25 to 35
Oil castrol magnatec 5w30
I don't always use that it was on sale.
Filter fram or some filter that will last 6k to 7500miles between changes.

Issues the Ac I believe I worked that out thank god.
Door lock actuator. My dam remote don't work because the actuator needs to be changed.
Could use shocks I'm sure. Overall happy with the car.

I plan to run this car into the ground. Hoping the clutch and car last 100k more

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda Happy

UPDATE.
Changed oil, all filter, ATF drain/fill and replaced plugs. (all OEM parts)

Knock on wood, still going strong!

·
Registered
162 Posts
2009 LX
61,500 miles
M1 Extended Performance (5,000 OCI)
Filters: M1 EP
Gas mileage: Don't know down to the mile.

Not a single problem to report thus far. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just helped my girlfriend purchase an '08 LX Sedan (Taffeta White, so jealous!) a couple of months ago. Was just over 130,xxx at time of purchase and now it just crossed over 135,xxx so it got its first oil change and tire rotation today. I always use the Honda Genuine synthetic blend (5W-20 for her, 5W-30 for my Si). Also manage to source some A-01 Honda filters off of Amazon, though I prefer the HAMP for my Si. Car is getting about 36mpg.

As far as I know this car has had no problems; it idles so quietly and smoothly, transmission feels great. It really has been impeccably serviced throughout its life. We took it for a road trip (about 500 miles round trip) to the Outer Banks last month and it drove like a champ!

Only problems are a few rusted paint chips I need to address and Joe Schmoe who did the last oil change stripped the head of the drain bolt and just left it like that. :facepalm: Thankfully some vice-grips got it off and it has since been replaced with a quick drain valve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Year: 2008
Model: LX 5 speed
Miles: 90,000 miles
typical MPG: 31 Summer, 25 winter mostly city driving
Oil: whatever is on sale although last oil change oil seems to be burning more than normal
filters: bosch I believe
Issues: rear passenger door seal is leaking, ac no longer works (had it charged, didn't hold) occasional motor lag upon take off (dealer never cared to look into it) and rear drums might need replaced.
Pros: Virtually problem free and I believe that it still has the original clutch (bought the car with about 60,000)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Model: LX
Miles : 220300 (bought car in 2012 with 60k on it)
MPG: 32 All hwy at 82 mph
Oil: Penzoil Platinum 0W-20 (15k changes), ATF 30k with Valvoline Maxlife
filters: Fram Ultra
Issues: Cracked block at 93k, AC compressor at 62k, Radiator Fan Motor, AC clutch relay, Starter at 170k, Alternator at 182k, Shocks and Structs replaced at 185k. Right Tie Rod - 215k. Left axle twice at 93k and 150k. 3 Windshields replaced. Thermostat at 110k.

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Issues: Cracked block at 93k, AC compressor at 62k, Radiator Fan Motor, AC clutch relay, Starter at 170k, Alternator at 182k, Shocks and Structs replaced at 185k. Right Tie Rod - 215k. Left axle twice at 93k and 150k. 3 Windshields replaced. Thermostat at 110k.
Holy Crap!! Sorry to see you had to replace all those items. Are you hard on your car? Thanks for reporting!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have over 300k miles on my civic and she's running as good as I treat her! idk mpg or anything and I do a lot of traveling

·
Registered
884 Posts
2010 LX Sedan in Taffeta white. Bought it with 35,700 and now has 37,100 on it. :)

Changing the oil, ATF and brake fluid is the only thing I've done to it.

It will be stored this winter to avoid the horrible Minnesota winter and to keep miles off it. I just got some 09-11 EX wheels for it that will be going on next spring. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Year: 2008
Model: EX 5-spd 2dr
Color: Alabaster Silver Metallic, all black interior.
Miles (as of 7/26/2015): 219,000 miles. First 150k was 99% highway.
typical MPG: stock under 65mph 43mpg (now/after mods 32-35)
Oil: moble1, 0W-20
Oil filter: WIX (like royal purple but $15? Omg)
Issues: only things In eight years, block recall @195k miles & AC pump went out.

This car is the best EVER I will never need another car and in all honesty I don't know if a better car is made cus Honda nailed it when they made the 8th gen R18 civic. 5sp trany is great I rev-match when I down shift and the clutch still feels at least 90%.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2011 EX here with 41k, she's still a baby. Going to do my first transmission fluid change in a week or two myself :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Polished Metal Metallic Coupe. Here's a photo I took during a canyon drive. Completely stock for the most part except for rear swaybar and Si axle-back.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine's currently got a little over 167k on her and runs like a champ. However I've had some expensive problems with my 2006 EX Sedan. First off had engine mount problems which was my fault for trying to use the cheaper non genuine part(was tight on money for Honda part). Second problem is when once again I had to replace the clutch i was tight on money and put a cheaper clutch in and now it drives fine but really jerky shifting, causing me to have to put it in the shop again(going in first Tuesday in August). Guess it doesn't pay to put cheaper parts in lol. Other than all that the car's been very good to me even with so many miles on it.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts