8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a follow up to this thread. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/garage/202773-want-vent-little.html

So i talked to the manger of the place recently and they offered to put a new oem windshield in for 82 dollars. I took that without hesitation. Made a date where they would come to replace the windshield which was today at 1-4pm. They come around 3:30 and It was 2 people. One of the guys took a paper out with a car where he marks any imperfections. He starts going around my car rubbing his finger over all my paint which was some what dirty which caused some scratches. So me thinking of what happened last time, i told him. They pretty much ran there finger over my paint, scratched it, came back to it a minute later and says, "oh theres a scratch". im thinking to my self like WTF. So i was like "STOP. this is what i don't like when people touch my paint like this" then the other guy says, "ok thats it, were leaving!. Now i see why there is a problem" im completely in disbelief as to what is going on. Like i cant even express in words how i feel about this situation. the guy starts putting my cowl back on so im like "just go! ill do it." so now, im left with my new OEM honda glass which i put in the basement, smudges and scratches all over the front of my car and my whole cowl area and rear view mirror taken apart. NICE!!!

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
i understand your meticulous about your car.
but if you honestly expect anyone to work on your carw ithout touching the paint, your living in a dream.
they were simply looking for scratches that were already there. its not their fault honda paint sucks, and they have no idea how shitty it is...but reguardless, if your not gonna let them do what they need to in order to get the job done...i would of left as well.

they need to cover their ass from you saying they put more scratches in the paint. gotta to see whats there before they start....if your car is that dirty that its covering up possible damage, what do you want them to do?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude. Listen. there is NO REASON to run your fingers all over someones car. You can simply look to see what chips and scratches there are on a car.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
This is a follow up to this thread. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/garage/202773-want-vent-little.html

So i talked to the manger of the place recently and they offered to put a new oem windshield in for 82 dollars. I took that without hesitation. Made a date where they would come to replace the windshield which was today at 1-4pm. They come around 3:30 and It was 2 people. One of the guys took a paper out with a car where he marks any imperfections. He starts going around my car rubbing his finger over all my paint which was some what dirty which caused some scratches. So me thinking of what happened last time, i told him. They pretty much ran there finger over my paint, scratched it, came back to it a minute later and says, "oh theres a scratch". im thinking to my self like WTF. So i was like "STOP. this is what i don't like when people touch my paint like this" then the other guy says, "ok thats it, were leaving!. Now i see why there is a problem" im completely in disbelief as to what is going on. Like i cant even express in words how i feel about this situation. the guy starts putting my cowl back on so im like "just go! ill do it." so now, im left with my new OEM honda glass which i put in the basement, smudges and scratches all over the front of my car and my whole cowl area and rear view mirror taken apart. NICE!!!
I understand you care about your car and all but no offense...it's an effing Honda Civic not a Bugatti Veyron and even if it were, they're just touching the damn paint.

Get over it, you're overreacting.

This isn't some precious limestone in a cave, the oils on your fingers won't hurt anything.

I paid $40k for my damn car and couldn't care less if someone touched my car with their fingers, dirty or not. Paint can last through snow storms, decent exposure to road salt, intense heat, water, etc etc...fingers won't do anything to it.

Besides, touching the area makes it easier to feel deep scratches and small dents.

So again, get over it, they're just doing their due diligence.

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
I understand you care about your car and all but no offense...it's an effing Honda Civic not a Bugatti Veyron and even if it were, they're just touching the damn paint.

Get over it, your overreacting.

This isn't some precious limestone in a cave, the oils on your fingers won't hurt anything.
Its his car and if he doesnt want anyone touching it, than thats his right. It might not be a $200k car, but its his hard earned money and he doesnt want ignorant people f'ing it up. If people keep scratching my car I'd be mad too

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Its his car and if he doesnt want anyone touching it, than thats his right. It might not be a $200k car, but its his hard earned money and he doesnt want ignorant people f'ing it up. If people keep scratching my car I'd be mad too
Touching paint with your fingers does not and cannot scratch paint.

It's his right, but the folks did the right thing...they have the right to say forget it leave.

Unless he had jagged rocks embedded in his skin, it would not have scratched the car. The guy is just being anal, probably smears if anything.

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
Touching paint with your fingers does not and cannot scratch paint.

It's his right, but the folks did the right thing...they have the right to say forget it leave.

Unless he had jagged rocks embedded in his skin, it would not have scratched the car. The guy is just being anal, probably smears if anything.
If the surface of the car has dirt, then it will scratch.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Get over it, you're overreacting.

I paid $40k for my damn car and couldn't care less if someone touched my car with their fingers, dirty or not. Paint can last through snow storms, decent exposure to road salt, intense heat, water, etc etc...fingers won't do anything to it.

Besides, touching the area makes it easier to feel deep scratches and small dents.

So again, get over it, they're just doing their due diligence.
I'm with this guy. I used to be like you. Extremely anal about scratches and who touched my car. After awhile I stopped giving a ****. Why? Because is just a car. Also no matter how careful you are **** will always happen.

Case and point. This past weekend we had some bad weather in the area. 50-60mph winds all weekend long. I was at my mom's on Sunday. I came out to my car. What do I find. A branch had broken off a tree and landed on my roof. It wasn't that big. But big enough to cause some mirror damage. Scratches and small dents. The next day I washed it and did my best to remove or hide the scratches. That's all I can do. About the dents. They are rather small but noticeable. But I'm not gonna stress over things like that. Not worth it.

There are more important things in my life to worry about.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
man that would piss me off too, i hate more is when people lean on your car like its nobody's business

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
ROFL. This whole thing is hilarious. They did the absolute right thing by just walking away and their comment hit it right on the head. How do you expect them to install the glass, by hanging from ceiling rafters? They are going to have to lean against your car dude. What if the filter for the A/C in the building where they are hanging from the rafters is not of high enough quality and allows particulates onto the paint, which could damage it? Oh noes!

It sounds like you have an Enzo and you are super anal. If the guys hoodie zipper scratched your paint I understand. If his beer gut brushed up against your paint and put superficial scratches from dirt your going to have to get over it. And you should never have bought a Honda if you care about the paint that much.....no matter what you do its going to scratch, chip and look like ****. You shoulda bought a VW.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Um. I dont get how you say you're meticulous about your car yet in the previous instance and this one you state that your car is dirty as hell and don't want the installers to touch the car body?

If you rub dirt into the surface of your car it's going to scratch. Even if the installers had done due diligence and covered your hood and fender with a blanket with it laying on top of the dirt it's going to scratch.

Do you understand how these two statements do not jive at all?
"I let him know i was reallly meticulous about my car and it seemed like he understood."

Then:
"My whole car had a layer of dirt on it and it looks like he just took a dry paper towel and just wiped the dirt and residual glue all over my car."

"He starts going around my car rubbing his finger over all my paint which was some what dirty which caused some scratches."

Are you expecting the installers to detail your car before installing the windshield? Where do you get off being "meticulous" about your car and having it dirty as hell and then complaining when they put "scratches" in your paint?

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
maby u shouldnt get a car with such shitty paint then worry about any air hitting it.

its a honda get over it

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
reallly? so whats the OP gona do next??

like this guy whom had just bought a new BMW x5, and seeen a 10 yr old kid putting their feeet on the front bumper, balanacing himself.. tieing his shoee. and when the owner seees him, he goes haywire ,beats the kid badd. and all for a dammmn car?? i love my car, have a ffew scrattes that werent my fault, i got pissed and life is too precioius to be mad over things you cant control.
have a drink or two.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Also, if you cared about your car that much, you'd keep it consistently clean.

Besides, if any scratches did occur because of the dirt on the car coupled with the fingers running down it...its minor and can be buffed out.

Others are right, they're far more important things to freak out about.

No matter how anal you are about your car, if it's your DD, you WILL get scratches and dings in it.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
op ur getting ridiculous now,, the guy is touching ur car i mean come on, he is doing his job, and somthing tells me the way you said prolly wasnt the nicest... they get paid to do there job... and last time i checked you cannot scratch paint by running ur hand over it i mean jesus some dude just had a chain fall on his car and it buffed out so i think some fingers will be ok....and no offense but to me it sounds like ur being a total d bag and i woulda left as well

·
Registered
906 Posts
op ur getting ridiculous now,, the guy is touching ur car i mean come on, he is doing his job, and somthing tells me the way you said prolly wasnt the nicest... they get paid to do there job... and last time i checked you cannot scratch paint by running ur hand over it i mean jesus you just had a chain fall on ur car and it buffed out so i think some fingers will be ok....and no offense but to me it sounds like ur being a total d bag and i woulda left as well
I wonder how he gets his car fixed, he must go into a nervous breakdown:spaz::spaz::spaz:

PS chainguy was a different guy.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts