2,643 Posts
i thought the nissan titan was a flop with all sorts of issues. althought it
looks kinda nice.

imho, i think those larger trucks are better built by the americans that
know how to make big rugged things.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had an 03 Tacoma and currently have an 05 Tacoma and never had any issues. The build quality is superb and much better than the American competition. I guess maybe it's different for the Tundra.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I have a 2000 F250 Superduty. I beat the snot out of it, and it's never let me down. I plan on keeping it a very long time.

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
kenchan said:
i thought the nissan titan was a flop with all sorts of issues. althought it
looks kinda nice.

imho, i think those larger trucks are better built by the americans that
know how to make big rugged things.
What issues are you referring to? The only major problem the Titans have had relate to the brakes, and that was fixed with a recall and warranty extension. I have to say that the Titan is one of the best/most durable trucks I have driven. I drive one everyday for work and beat the hell out of it and it has yet to let me down in any way.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
chevy and dare I say it but its true..ford build the best trucks. its always been that way.
now for small pickups..the toyota is amazing but full size its american brands

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had an 06 Nissan Titan, nothing but problems and sold it. My Dad has an 07 Tundra and it's a much better truck. It's faster, gets twice the mileage, rides better, much quieter inside, turns sharper etc. etc. I could go on all day. Take a look under one some day and see just how beefy they are, this is a rugged truck. It seems from the report they may have some issues, none with my Dad's! If I was to buy a truck today, hands down I would get the Tundra!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JMorris said:
I had an 06 Nissan Titan, nothing but problems and sold it. My Dad has an 07 Tundra and it's a much better truck. It's faster, gets twice the mileage, rides better, much quieter inside, turns sharper etc. etc. I could go on all day. Take a look under one some day and see just how beefy they are, this is a rugged truck. It seems from the report they may have some issues, none with my Dad's! If I was to buy a truck today, hands down I would get the Tundra!
I wouldn't get the Tundra look how poorly constructed it is compared to the last generation model. The new Tundra looks cheap and poorly constructed i wouldn't trust it,hell it cant even haul a 500 pound ATV without the tailgate splitting or falling apart! thats sad! and it the body of the tundra looks like it was built with soda cans,the metal is so thin on the tundra you could easily dent it. I would rather have a Titan at least that truck is built solid and with care and there are no recalls for it. Titan FTMFW! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
tacoma x runner ftw, buddy has one, if i didnt have a baby seat, thats the car *truck* i would of got insted of the fa5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts