8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I installed a set of Silverstar Ultras yesterday on the Si (11.30.07) and was was very pleased with the results.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the way the factory low beams lit up the pavement from the factory on the Si and figured this would be a good upgrade.

I've been running regular Silverstars on my other car for a few years now and have never had an issue with them so I didn't hesitate to select Sylvanias for the Si. :thumb:

I followed the instructions on page 234 of the owner's manual (remove the trim screw on the factory inner splash guards and bend them back a bit) to replace the bulbs - took about 5 minutes per side.

They sure make night time driving a little more easier, here's a few pics:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the regular silver stars in my high's, but opted to use my PIAA extreme white for the low's, and yeah even they were a big difference over the stockers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! how do they compare with the regular Siverstars? I have them on my other car and they seem like they burn out in a year.

Well, I haven't used regular Silverstars in the Si before so it's tough to compare the two types of bulbs. Based on my prior experience with Silverstars in my Mustang though, it *appears* that the Ultras produce a slightly whiter/brighter light than the regular Silverstars...they seem pretty similar for the most part IMHO.

YMMV

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update:

It's been well over 6 months since I've installed the Silverstar Ultras. No burnt out bulbs here in case anybody was wondering about how the bulbs have fared.

:)

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
My first set of Ultra's burned out in less than a year...I'd say 8-10 months or so. Whatever.

I really like how they light up the road and they make your headlights look really nice when they are on. There is almost always rebates and stuff going on with them, so it's not a bad investment.

They do, hwoever, suck in the rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.