8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and decided its about time I introduce myself. I'm the proud owner of a 3 month old FA5 (my first stick shift). No pictures right now, but I may post some when I get home tonight. Its a stock black FA5 with pin stripe, so I think everyone here knows what it looks like. My last car was a Sunfire GT coupe with a 2.5 liter engine, but the civic is 100x more fun.

Why'd I go with the four door? I usually like coupes better, but something about the 8th gen Civic coupe never sat well with me, so I figured the 4 door would suit me better. I've since warmed up to the coupe seeing all the great pics on this site, but I'm still happy with my decision. The Sunfire stood out (not always in a good way) and I like being more of a sleeper for a change. Plus I want an S2000 or a Camaro down the road and the Civic will still be a fun, yet practical car.

I had a couple of questions though. First one for other FA5 owners. The passenger side of my car has an annoying rattle any time I hit a bump. As far as I can tell, its coming from the adjustable seatbelt holder. Anybody else have this problem and is there a way to fix it. The holder on the driver's side is tight, but the passenger one is free to bounce around.

Second question is what minor mods can I make to help personalize the car a bit. I'm thinking tinting is the first thing I should do. Looks good and helps with the sun. In Virginia 50% is legal in the front and 35% in the back. Should I go all 50% or does it look alright to have two different amounts, and what does a tint usually cost?

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
dont listen to him! get turbo and tune it to 17lbs! JK yea man stay NA even tho I have the nicest BlackFA5 around, get mods, tint and fog lights

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
tonton said:
dont listen to him! get turbo and tune it to 17lbs! JK yea man stay NA even tho I have the nicest BlackFA5 around, get mods, tint and fog lights
better not let thajazz see that statement

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
FA5_in_black said:
I was thinking tint, fog lights and then maybe projector headlights.
:thumb: Retros are the way to go!! Dont waste your money on those EBAY projectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts