8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

I saw a 2009 R18 sedan on the road yesterday and for the first time I saw it with the turn indicator on and I noticed that it flashed yellow and not red.

is this how it is for the '09s? or was the one I saw modded?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
^ if you notice, honda ALWAYS does random unnecessary chrome finish on parts to make the car look more luxurious overall.

i think the 09's is the gen 8.5 with all the facelifts. i'm assuming its a sign we can expect a 9th gen for 2010 or 2011. They added small stuff like that to the last year of every generation -- ex: CR-V. Gen 2's had orange light, but the "2.5" had the clear light, and didnt look much like an offroading car. looked more like a luxury SUV.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah I actually like the front better... more sporty.

I'm kinda warming up to the yellow turn indicator... and I definitely prefer the white look of the turn indicators when they're off as opposed to the older all red.

the chrome bar though... no...lol. Still cant stomach it; it's going.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I despise red and white turn indicators. Last time I checked, the 2009's redo was most visible, practical, and beautiful, and safe. Can't say I'm a fan of old 1950's vehicles that use their brake lights to blink red to indicate a turn. Not a fan of new vehicles that pretend to be old 1950's vehicles either when they do the same, especially Civics that red-out their tails. :clapping:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.