8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used luminics yellow 2500k in the cars yet I think it would look cool but I wanna know if you would lose ability to see more at nite because they are much lower on the k. scale?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yellow light is actually more usable in adverse weather than white or HID light. It will not output as much, but it will make the road in front more visible.
I was saying that everytime I see a car with yellow headlights I want to throw a rock at them. I couldn't care less about output.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Has anyone used luminics yellow 2500k in the cars yet I think it would look cool but I wanna know if you would lose ability to see more at nite because they are much lower on the k. scale?
I have a pair, new. I never put them on because the fogs broke berfore I could install. The I got K2 yellows now. So, If anyone wants them, I'll send the to you free. Let me know.

Reactions: b0yd07

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Sorry, guess I confused luminics with lamin-x. I have Luminic yellow DTR and HB bulb though. But I use them.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
It's all good. I was just checking the DIY and it seems that the fog setup is pretty extensive, and I can't take off my front bumper, mainly because I haven't before and I'm good with things, but I don't have the time to figure it out on my own :sadwavy: I'll take those laminX covers though if you're not going to use them. I'll get fogs eventually :thumb:

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
If you don't have fogs yet, just get yellow ones. Then you don't need to bother with the film.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have them in the low beams and anything that has floresent paint on it lights right up I see signs 2 blocks down lit up. [Love them] In the High beams I installed 4750K daytime running lights are nice and white not yellow. Love the combo.

·
Registered
264 Posts
'06Siguy, are you're still trying to give away the luminic vinyl film things? I got fogs recently and have been planning on buying the film to protect them... still haven't gotten around to it.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
'06Siguy, are you're still trying to give away the luminic vinyl film things? I got fogs recently and have been planning on buying the film to protect them... still haven't gotten around to it.
Yeah, just pm me I'll send 'em out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts