8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to make the DRL/high beams yellow, but am unsure about how to go about this...do i buy PIAA yellow ion bulbs? do i spend 75 bucks to get yellow vinyl placed over just the DRL part of the headlamp? any suggestions?...i want the super yellow, like on le mans racers.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Since the High Beams are running at half wattage when they're being used as DRLs, they won't look YELLOW YELLOW, unless you use LEDs. However, PIAA's ion yellow stuff does look yellow-ER than stock. So, get those.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
Luminics JDM yellow bulbs about $25-30

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Izzy said:
Since the High Beams are running at half wattage when they're being used as DRLs, they won't look YELLOW YELLOW, unless you use LEDs. However, PIAA's ion yellow stuff does look yellow-ER than stock. So, get those.

whats the best place to buy PIAA bulbs?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what does anyone think about tinting the DRLs yellow? ive also seen the whole headlight tinted yellow..how does that look?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Just type in google 9005 Nokya yellow Bulbs or 9005 Yellow Lumnics Bulbs. a lot of things will pop up and you can find your cheapest palce to get them through there or you can use ebay but they might be fake and break really fast.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i got the nokya hyper yellow bulbs theyre pretty bright.. althogh i want the yellow look insid the drls like i see in some pictures..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yellow = less light. But so long as your kewl...
putting this out their, drls's aren't really meant to illuminate the road. just make you more visible in the day time.

and as bright are a higher voltage and more direct beam then low beams so even with a yellow bulb they put out more light then your low beams

1 - 20 of 20 Posts