8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magnetic Pearl, no Navi. I have a butt kicking Dell computer that I can use Google maps with and a very good sense of direction and decided I didn't need the Navi. Color is gorgeous, even with the car covered nose to tail in road salt and mud. It looks very dark gray on the face of it, but within the paint are dark blue metallic sparkles. Car looks a very deep blue in some lights or angles. Dark charcoal gray in others .I pick it up Tuesday afternoon.

I can recommend Brandfon Honda in Branford CT. They went way beyond what would be expected. Plus selling the car to me at a very fair price

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
hey, congrats on getting your hybrid. I think you're the first to get the hybrid on the site. Post up some pics if you get a chance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zadscmc said:
what has your mileage been, now that you've owned the car awhile?

I just filled it tonight. It got 47.1 MPG for the tank. 505 miles, 10.7 gallons.

I'm averaging almost 44 since I bought the car. Gets much better gas mileage now that the weather is warm. I was averagin 38-39 in winter when the temps were 0-30 degrees.

·
Registered
436 Posts
gotta love hybrids...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
TerrierMom said:
I just filled it tonight. It got 47.1 MPG for the tank. 505 miles, 10.7 gallons.

I'm averaging almost 44 since I bought the car. Gets much better gas mileage now that the weather is warm. I was averagin 38-39 in winter when the temps were 0-30 degrees.
What kind of driving do you do to get that mileage? My wife has the same car you do and she's only getting mid to high 30's. Her driving is mostly city, in the suburbs. Not too much highway.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Love Hys , but had a pruis and loved the seats and MPG, almost bought a civic hy, but the colors and seat fabric....were.....not me....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
letsgoflyers81 said:
What kind of driving do you do to get that mileage? My wife has the same car you do and she's only getting mid to high 30's. Her driving is mostly city, in the suburbs. Not too much highway.

Mix of highway and in town. I commute 15 miles each way, 10-11 is highway 4-5 is in town. If your wife is just driving shorter trips within town, then the mid 30's to high 30's is about average for a Hybrid from what I've seen. My mom has a Hybrid, uses it mostly in town on short trips where there are many ligths and stop signs and she gets about the same. But if she visits my brotehr and nephew, a 150 mile round trip she gets much better mileage in the mid-high 40's. I get the best mileage on longer highway trips or on longer trips on local roads, ones without many stop signs or lights. Where I live, if you don't want to take the highways or they don't go where you need to, there are state roads meant to connect different areas. Not to many homes or businesses on them. I drove my Hybrid to Virginia on vacation week before last. Just over 500 miels each way. I was averaging well over 50 MPG on the drives. Ended up gettin about 50 MPG when I filled the tank, On the way down there was a terrible fatal accident and traffic was tied up for over and hour,that did in the mileage there. I think it'd have been close to 60 without the accident. On the way back I didn't fill the tank until several days after returning home, and was doing my usual shorter commute.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts