8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put x intake in the search bar and it didnt come up with anything and why do you bother commenting if your just gunna say search.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
nycboy7 said:
i put x intake in the search bar and it didnt come up with anything and why do you bother commenting if your just gunna say search.
some people are different from others. if someone need help with something, i'll try my best to help out. i don't really like to turn someone down when they're just asking a question.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
nycboy7 said:
because if you search, you will find answers to your questions...

its an intake that uses most of the oem parts, is well proven to perform above average, and has minimal to no side effects

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i mean its a great intake but yea i just make my own...he uses crv intake tube,idk what maf adapter and an apexi filter...but mans got better ideas than many ppl so he can make some money off of some

·
Registered
424 Posts
I did my own. But I have the Fujita Filter. I took it off cuz I felt like I was having more lag than normal. Maybe its the shield that im missing. Anyways I bought the stock upper filter part and replaced my stock air filter till I find out what I can use to use as a shield to [rotect against heat

·
Registered
198 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Wow, I just saw that thread.

What a joke, people are really paying for that?

I can make one of those with my stock intake system..
The X Intake system uses a wider intake tube from a CR-V, providing more gains than the stock Civic Si tube.

xfactorwrx doesn't really make much of a profit by selling the X Intake. I myself don't mind buying from him because of the time he puts into each MAF, and the fact that he contributed a new idea to 8thCivic.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
dREsTrUcTiON said:
The X Intake system uses a wider intake tube from a CR-V, providing more gains than the stock Civic Si tube.

xfactorwrx doesn't really make much of a profit by selling the X Intake. I myself don't mind buying from him because of the time he puts into each MAF, and the fact that he contributed a new idea to 8thCivic.
Its good that he makes money out of everyone

He deserves it.:thumb:

This thread made me wanna upgrade my cai tubing.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Its good that he makes money out of everyone

He deserves it.:thumb:

This thread made me wanna upgrade my cai tubing.
Pretty sure the key feature is the modification to the MAF housing..

·
Registered
569 Posts
I very much doubt that you could make your own intake with the same results with out doing substantial and costly research. Yes, anyone can take a filter and put on a tube but you will be hard pressed to modify the maf housing in the same way he does. x's intake shows good gains with the proper af ratio which will translate to good mpg (provided your not mashing right foot in the throttle). I don't know of any other intake on the market that provides af ratios with the dyno numbers. Many of the intakes out there have been proven to make the car run rich, some lean at least with this one I know that my mpg will remain and I will gain the most hp out of any other current intake on the market. Additionally time is money and I like the idea of making one purchase, knowing I will have all the parts I need to make it work with out any issues. This is why I'm going to purchase X's intake. How much will he net from my purchase, I don't know, don't care. Props to a guy who makes something that works this well and can make a few bucks off it. It's got to be more fun than making those quiznos subs! Thus far I have not read a single post where some one was disappointed in the purchase or claimed that they could put something together that worked as well for less. If I thought I could, no doubt I would try. On the flip side if I couldn't throw down 3 bills I don't think I would be a hater either.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Seriously, people must be pretty lazy to spend $300 on an intake they can make themselves (since it's made with mostly oem parts).

Yes it does take time to make, but if we're car buffs, we'll enjoy making it!!!
Am I wrong?

Wow, I just saw that thread.

What a joke, people are really paying for that?

I can make one of those with my stock intake system..

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
or u guys can wait fot the passwod jdm power chamber.

i am debating on that or the x intake.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts