8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here it goes!

To start off I have talked with Emmanuel for hours upon hours over the past few weeks about his intake and I can assure everyone who reads these boards that he has done more research on his product then most likely all of your major brand companies. He said he had been through a ton of maf housings getting it just right. Hell he used to work for subaru as a master tech before taking on his current job. He is a hard worker and a stand up guy. Ask him what his weekend toy is... :D

Fast forward to today!

Wohoo finally Fedex comes to my door and delivers a box!

I open the box, took a few picks, looks nice . Neatly packaged and stuffed with protective paper. Pull it all out to make sure I had everything I needed.

Filter allready attached to the maf housing.
CRV tube
Mounting bracket with perrin performance engraved on the side of it.
Instruction book with diagrams.

go inside to upload the pics I took, BAM no CF card in my camera :iorun:

Oh well finished pics will come I guess lol.

Well lets get started...

Everything goes smooth as butta till I get to the C clamp, do as he says in the manual and it comes out eventually, just a pain in the butt to remove(damn c clamps). Start to finish install about 40 minutes!!

Reconnect the negative battery terminal and let it idle for about 15 minutes....

Ok test drive time...

Turn on to the main road by my house and mash it!!

Holy crap im in a ferrari, I broke the sound barrier AND light barrier AND I passed superman during all that!!1........

Back to reality.

The car felt great. My 1st impression was WOW no throttle lag like when I had a CAI on my 2000 civic. 2nd impression, I could actually notice the torque increase just like the dyno graphs showed. 3rd impression GD this is loud and I love it. I never had a CAI or a SRI on this car before so take this with a grain of salt. I just know that it is alot louder then stock.

For my final .02..

Took off from a light and my car bogged down.. WTF, cel what happened?

Oh wait that was just my tires breaking loose from pure acceleration and the VSA turned on. No I did not pop the clutch nada, it just kicked on when it mashed it. This is with z rated neo gens. Did it do it again, no. did I hit some oil , possibly oh well it made me feel good to know that possibly my car broke loose all due to having a well researched product made by a fellow 8th gen member.

Good job Emmanuel, I approve. :vtec:

Pic of mounting bracket, horrible pic but you get the idea. The pic below if you could see, the mounting hardware attaches to where the clamp is right by the filter to hold it stable.

Pic of my hooptie!

Questions or comments. Ill answer them if needed.

Few Vids added...
1-3rd run

2nd roll to hear crossover..

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Great write up. You just made a strong case for buying X's intake. Repped +

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah 300 shipped. Includes everything you need for install. Worth every cent in my book. Correct me if I am wrong but there isnt another intake on the marker that MAKES power from 0-redline, they always give something up somewhere.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Nice review man you just make up my mind.... Now I got to start saving money

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its only loud when you mash on it. Cant tell a difference from stock when your just cruisin. With ANY intake you will have an increase in volume, some more then others.

·
Registered
543 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
Its only loud when you mash on it. Cant tell a difference from stock when your just cruisin. With ANY intake you will have an increase in volume, some more then others.
It's time to pay $300 then.. :thumb:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow... If I decide to stay NA (not probable, but could happen), I'll definately pick one of these up, I read all 200 million billion pages of his thread and I am definately considering (if I stay NA)...

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
I never had a CAI or a SRI on this car before so take this with a grain of salt. I just know that it is alot louder then stock.
Just remember what he said above. $300 versus $100 making your own, hmmm

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i don't like the idea of having to take your car in for warranty work with that thing under the hood. they'd be like wtf did you do to the intake? oh, this guy on the internet invented this thing. pretty sweet huh?

.... goodbye.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
dnbsi said:
i don't like the idea of having to take your car in for warranty work with that thing under the hood. they'd be like wtf did you do to the intake? oh, this guy on the internet invented this thing. pretty sweet huh?

.... goodbye.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=7253

Or don't modify your daily driver. Buy a used Honda and modify that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
dnbsi said:

.... goodbye.
Are you kidding me? Even you of someone were REALLY that paranoid (I can't tell if you are being sarcastic) it will take less than 3 minutes to put the factory intake box back on.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
or you could spend 30 minutes and go back to the stock air intake. Thats what I would do if the part that went faulty wasn't related to my screwup due to mods.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts