8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got the 06 civic ex with navi with xm which i hate, i had sirius in my previous car...well anyway to the point i know it can be done in gm's where u can transform the xm into sirius anyone know how to do this and keep it stock i'm guessing i need a sirius tuner and antenna would it work thru my current setup with xm i dont want to put any aftermarket parts in the cabin of the car because i think they look crappy please help

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have been researching this as well. My only conclusion thus far is to buy the Sirius tuner and attempt to plug it into the stock head unit. From the few people I've spoken with about this approach is that it won't work. The connectors from tuner to stereo will not be compatiable. There is one company online that was making a convertor for older cars but they don't list the Civic, much less the '06 Civic, as being available.

If/When I find out more I will be posting details here.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Whatever it takes, keep SIRIUS, my parents have XM in their GM vehicle and it sucks royal ass. Programming sucks and because of their satellites hovering low on the horizon, service drop outs are much more likely. They attempted to fix this problem in the cities by adding a crap load of terestrial repeaters, but when you're driving through the mountains or trees, kiss XM goodbye. XM can brag all it wants about how it has more subscribers, but that's only because they came live first and got the lucrative deal with GM.

SIRIUS is the clear winner of the satellite radio game. I've had SIRIUS since '02 and never once considered getting rid of it!

A work-around is to just buy a PnP (Plug 'n Play) unit and hook it into the MP3 Aux. I previously used the Audiovox PnP2 and LOVED it. Only reason I upgraded to a direct connect Head Unit was I had no MP3 Aux capability in my Sunfire, so that was the best option for me. An Aux connection should give you pretty damn good SQ. Plus you can buy the home kit and listen to SIRIUS in your house, too ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
peliROJO said:
I have been researching this as well. My only conclusion thus far is to buy the Sirius tuner and attempt to plug it into the stock head unit. From the few people I've spoken with about this approach is that it won't work. The connectors from tuner to stereo will not be compatiable. There is one company online that was making a convertor for older cars but they don't list the Civic, much less the '06 Civic, as being available.

If/When I find out more I will be posting details here.
Have an XM tuner (COMMANDER) I a trying to plug into the bak of the radio. Have a AUX converter but there is this horrible buzz. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts