8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. i was looking though a coupe/si bochure and in the navigation section, they say Xm radio is standard...is it true? or do we have to play a monthly fee?

2. im not sure if an aftermarket pioneer NAv system would look nice in an ex/w out factory NAV...what do you think? do you think there will be a kit for it to it fit perfectly like the ex/w NAV. I see that aftermarket have better potential b/c it can play dvd plus more gig for the brain. what is your opinion?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
irichard said:
1. i was looking though a coupe/si bochure and in the navigation section, they say Xm radio is standard...is it true? or do we have to play a monthly fee?

2. im not sure if an aftermarket pioneer NAv system would look nice in an ex/w out factory NAV...what do you think? do you think there will be a kit for it to it fit perfectly like the ex/w NAV. I see that aftermarket have better potential b/c it can play dvd plus more gig for the brain. what is your opinion?
1. the cars are xm radio ready, meaning you still have to pay the subscription. They give you three months free but after that, you're outta pocket.

2. Besides playing DVD's, why would you want an aftermarket NAV system? You'll end up spending more money for the install than the unit's really worth. Besides, I don't think the dealer will sell you a car with a NAV opening, without the NAV in it. Also, depending on the unit, it won't have more gigabytes for the brain. If you're refering to the Pioneer D1, which is the only double-din Pioneer unit as far as I know of, I know they don't have more gigs for the brain, because I put one in my Legend. It's also not as good as Honda's (Alpine), which I know cuz my parents had an RL rental for awhile when I was visiting. I was taking that car instead of my own (frontin like I really had it :D lol). I also had problems with the D1 in some places, where I couldn't use my XM tuner and the NAV at the same time. The frequencies were getting crossed and the damn NAV kept screwing up. But if you decide to get the D1, you won't necessarily need an install kit to do it. I put it in the dash of my Legend, which came factory with a double-din Bose radio, and I didn't have any problems with fitment. Not trying to discourage you but if you're going to go with a NAV unit, get the EX without NAV, buy a DX single-din dash, and then go with an Alpine unit, if you're going to do it. I wouldn't mess with anybody other than Alpine for NAV because they've got the best NAV units on the market. But again, if you're going to do all of this, you may as well just keep the factory NAV. Just my .02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts