8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just install the factory xm radio in my 07 civic si 4d and installed the antenna as described in the upper right corner of the windshield. I didn't remove the tint first and left off the patch on the outside. If I drive north or west I get spotty reception at times, works great driving east or south. Any ideas???
:xyxnervou

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went by dealer, they told me they have found that the window mount antenna's aren't picking up heading north, told me to go to Best Buy and buy a outside mount antenna for best reception, "thanks honda".

:chill:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would go with sirius but I have 2 gm cars with XM already so it's only 6.95 a month for the SI. going to fab a external antenna today, had a dash mount kit in the SI before buying the factory kit and it worked great. I'll just use the antenna off that kit and splice it in.
:iorun::iorun::iorun:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.