8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their Injen SRI with X's intake? And if so did you FEEL noticeable gains from the Injen? Thinking about switching and adding the spacer and gaskets, but is it worth $400 for extra 13whp? Currrently running I/H/E/Hondata.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but the dyno charts don't account for heat soak and there is a lot of manipulating going on with different types of dyno's and conditions. I know x's intake is good, just wondering if it's WORTH the swap.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
personally, I would say its worth the swap for the simple fact that X's intake has much safer a/f ratios. I don't claim to know much about engines but I assume injen SRI makes the engine run lean(as most SRI's do i've heard) which in the long run can't be good for the engine....

·
Registered
379 Posts
just from what i read and saw, x's intake > every other one out there
with the exception of the carbon fiber chamber intake or w.e because it' hasn't been released for the fg2/fa5 yet.

just from looking around at dyno's, injen cai's, sri's, whateveri's don't do squat
please correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
522 Posts
personally, I would say its worth the swap for the simple fact that X's intake has much safer a/f ratios. I don't claim to know much about engines but I assume injen SRI makes the engine run lean(as most SRI's do i've heard) which in the long run can't be good for the engine....
that is definitely a big plus and is one of the big reasons why i ordered mine and chose it over other intakes...mine should be coming in soon

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is $300.00, I said $400.00 with the spacer and gaskets. It's worth $300.00 from the stock setup. I've invested $235.00 into the Injen SRI already so hopefully I can sell that and recoup some costs.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It is $300.00, I said $400.00 with the spacer and gaskets. It's worth $300.00 from the stock setup. I've invested $235.00 into the Injen SRI already so hopefully I can sell that and recoup some costs.
my bad..i skipped that part. well i dont have mine yet but ive only heard great things... i personally would go for it.see how much you can get off the Injen SRI and do it

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wilco. I'll let you know, but I'm doing the P2R spacer/gaskets and his intake at the same time so I'm expecting good results, should see a 13whp gain.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's def. worth it. I had the Fujita SRI and it was garbage compared to X's. I also have the TB Spacer and gaskets. I did a review. Look it up...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts