8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my 6500K low beams and 3000K fogs. The pictures make the fogs look really yellow and the lights a lot bluer than they actually are. Especially head on (had my dad drive down the street for me) its a bright white, even the fogs look white and just lay out a yellow color on the street. The whole install took me about 8 hours or so (yeah...go ahead and flame me for being a newb).

All in all very impressed, drove around for about half an hour watching the cutoff to make sure I wasn't blinding anyone, no one flashed me and it doesn't look like the cutoff is too high. Next up is definitely a retro when I can afford it.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im really kicking myself for not taking pics of the stock halogen cutoff, but here's the best i've got right now, gonna try to take more pics later. These were just quick shots as soon as I finished. I would make the pics bigger but imageshack wont let me:pat:... think I need to register for that...

When I had only the driver's side light in, I checked the cutoff and it was exactly the same, it was literally dead on cept the minor passenger side adjustment that comes normal on the car.

Total package was $530 with shipping.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought two kits the 9006 6500K for $229 and the H11 3000K for $249. It may be the other way around on the prices. Its HIDs for both the low beams and the fogs. Thats why the kit costs so much. I decided to go with one of the sponsors here and I try to buy quality products for my car. What I've heard about the klight HIDs didn't impress me.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cuban Si said:
nice, pics have me convinced. maybe ill buy a set of 9006 soon...
I am very happy with how they turned out, and the lights in person are not nearly as blue as the pics, the fogs arent nearly as yellow either. The ground lights up really well and i'm debating retros because the cutoff really isn't terrible and I really like how it lights the road. Yeah, its not a clear cutoff and it has some hotspots but all in all, for the $229 that the low beams cost me, it was well worth it. Another great perk is that it illuminates the reflective street signs (highway signs, stop signs, street signs, etc..) VERY well. I don't have the best vision and I do a lot of driving at night. It was most definitely well worth it and I would do it again.

Should mention as well that it took only about a week solid, wednesday I ordered them and following wednesday I received both kits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts