8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Christmas I was surprised to recieve this as a gift from my MOM. I would not have paid $200 for this personally, but since it was a gift I am happy with the look..... I like what do you think? I havent seen any good pics on 8thcivic of this, so I thought I would share

2007 Civic EX

·
Registered
153 Posts
For Christmas I was surprised to recieve this as a gift from my MOM. I would not have paid $200 for this personally, but since it was a gift I am happy with the look.....The pics don't show the diamond pattern very well but they do show the overall look- I like what do you think? I havent seen any good pics on 8thcivic of this, so I thought I would share

2007 Civic EX
I like it a lot actually!!!

Did you stick it on top of the dash or it replaced the original parts?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I can't decied if I like it either yet. I havent drove around yet with it installed too. I updated the first three pics- they were taken at night with a flash and show the pattern better. My steering wheel might seem huge to someone with an SI because the EX's is a little bigger i think.

I think the silver pattern of the new trim goes well with the EX's silver steering wheel and door pattern acccents. I belive the DX/LX dont have this and would look funny with this new trim peice... to each his own- but as far as dash trims goes- this is the nicest youll find compared to those found on ebay. Only bad thing is it only come in silver and only for non nav models and it lists for $239 ( my mom bought it of College Hills honda for $191 shipped)

Thanks for the complements....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes its a form of molded plastic. The design is on the bottom, and then there is a very thin apaque coating on top. The fit and finish is awesome. However, for some reason it dosent cover the top of the tach (back between the tach piece and speedo) by about 3/4 of an inch- no clue why though.....

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
That's a sweet looking pattern! I thought it was just plain silver overlay.
I like it better now. Does the colour match with the silver accents in the EX?
I believe the steering wheel is the same size as the Si though. It must be the angle of the shot that makes it look larger. ;)

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
837 Posts
looks awesome...i wouldn't have paid $200 either but as a gift, hell ya!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a sweet looking pattern! I thought it was just plain silver overlay.
I like it better now. Does the colour match with the silver accents in the EX?
I believe the steering wheel is the same size as the Si though. It must be the angle of the shot that makes it look larger. ;)

Happy New Year!
Yes- its a good match between the EX's silver steering wheel and door panel trim and the faux brushed all. around the shifter.

The only thing I dont like about it is how it sections off the radio and HVAC controlls.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
yeah not many people go for the kit so its good to see what it looks like apart from the dealer shots..

i've only seen one person have it on his car but he was going for a theme - he had replaced the weather stripping on his black coupe with metallic covers to give it that 'bling' look of a luxury car.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how can ur car be an ex but have the lx steering wheel? im confused please inform.

What do you mean? I have an EX because the EX sedan has silver trim on the steering wheel with the audio controlls on the left.

Does the coupes wheel look different mabe?

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Just to clear up any confusion, the Si models, both two and four-door models, as well as the coupe models of all trim levels, share the same basic steering wheel. Variations exist depending on the trim level, such as the silver plastic covering, audio controls/cruise control, and leather wrapping.

The R18 (non-Si models) in the sedan form have two spoke steering wheels, with the same color variations.

I really like the dash kit. Nice match. I love the Si, but I am jealous of the blue lighting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts