8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im new to this forum and have taken some intrest in the "x intake". id like some straight answers because the FAQ page jumps around too much and turns into an arguement.

1. safe AFR?
2. easy to install?
3. good quality?
4. is x still making them?
5. is it a good upgrade from an injen SRI w/ AEM or apexi filter on it?
6. does x sell these intakes anywhere other than 8th civic?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
1. Yes, he's had AFRs that are safe.
2. From the looks of the intake, yes, it's easy.
3. OEM quality, apart from the filter and shaving down the MAF housing.
4. Yes, he is. List is pretty long though, so you'll be waiting a while. Each intake takes 3 hours of work. And he owns a business.
5. Yes. Yes it is.

I don't own one, so take my word with a grain of salt. However, I think owners will agree with me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont understand. everyone RAVES about how much better x's intake is that any other SRI model. if all that is said is true, than why the hell hasnt the damn piece been made more accessable to car owners. id like one. or should i say, id like to try one. whats a guy gotta do to find the best TESTED intake. i think if "X" is so serious about his work he would want to share the performance. what does the guy have to lose. he would get all the credit and peice of mind knowing that he set a new standard for a quality performance part. im sorry if im being to forward, but the AEM SRI i have kinda dissapoints me and im not gonna up-grade unless i know its worth it. if i have to, ill settle for a injen w/ a dry-flow filter.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^um...you need to go back and read his threads. he has soo many dynos w/ AFR posted. research has been done.

accessable to car owners? what do you want him to do, quit his job to make you a intake? he is working as fast as ONE perosn can.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
i dont understand. everyone RAVES about how much better x's intake is that any other SRI model. if all that is said is true, than why the hell hasnt the damn piece been made more accessable to car owners. id like one. or should i say, id like to try one. whats a guy gotta do to find the best TESTED intake. i think if "X" is so serious about his work he would want to share the performance. what does the guy have to lose. he would get all the credit and peice of mind knowing that he set a new standard for a quality performance part. im sorry if im being to forward, but the AEM SRI i have kinda dissapoints me and im not gonna up-grade unless i know its worth it. if i have to, ill settle for a injen w/ a dry-flow filter.
look around it's all posted, and x is very helpful....

where in nh do you live?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
nobody else needs to post, everything has been answered.

If i were X, i wouldnt share my info, unless he has some sort of patent on the design anyone can rip it and sell it as their own.

The intake is wonderful, stock looking, great sounding, etc. If you want the best intake available at this moment, get on his list. Stop bitching about the wait and have some patience. Once you get it you'll know why it was worth the wait.

Done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
nobody else needs to post, everything has been answered.

If i were X, i wouldnt share my info, unless he has some sort of patent on the design anyone can rip it and sell it as their own.

The intake is wonderful, stock looking, great sounding, etc. If you want the best intake available at this moment, get on his list. Stop bitching about the wait and have some patience. Once you get it you'll know why it was worth the wait.

Done.

only thing is could he even patent a product that was in reality developed by someone else, all he did was sand it down, he still buys the other company's (ahm) product and refresh's it so to speak, not sure if he could patent it without a law suit from AHM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i understand now that the intake made by x is basically just a design that it working to the k20z3's advantage. all im saying is that if this guy really nailed the numbers(whp and afr) he claims, he should get the credit. i know the guys probably got a 9 to 5 grind already, but i cant help but wonder why a company like apexi hasnt snatched the blue prints off him yet. he wouldnt have to quit his job to build anyone an intake. he could have another company(apexi or something) rebuild it with his name on it. im sure im not the only person that wants to try one of these intakes. he wouldnt even have to continue using honda pieces. just use the same dimentoins in a different mold. like a one piece unit(filter aside). like i said, if the whp and afr is right, some tuner part company is going to want him on-board.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
^^^cause none of them care....

jdm type r has no maf...so Japanese tuning shops aren't gonna build one

The american companies already built their's and there not gonna admit they sold you a piece of crap, but now you should buy the new one, cause they (X) figured it out

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Reeeeaaaddd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.