8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i was just wondering if i did the x-Intake maf housing and cut and old AEM SRI that i have laying around and coupled the x-Intake maf housing to the AEM SRI if that would work. reason for doing this for the vanes. i have searched and nobody has tried this i am just curious!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I actually was thinking this same thing earlier this week. I havent had the chance to do any measurements yet but I feel like the AEM pipe is smaller in diameter, but could be wrong. I'm going to look into it as well, worst comes to worst just stick with the X intake.

·
Registered
614 Posts
OK i was just wondering if i did the x-Intake maf housing and cut and old AEM SRI that i have laying around and coupled the x-Intake maf housing to the AEM SRI if that would work. reason for doing this for the vanes. i have searched and nobody has tried this i am just curious!
Wow great minds think alike what I was just thinking about doing this myself last week but never had a chance to play around with it what you would have to do is cut your aem intake pipe right before the maf housing hole on the aem pipe then you would need to cut out the maf housing out of the stock box lid and then go a shop that sells a 2.75 inch to 3 inch coupler because the aem short ram pipe is only 2.75 inches and the maf housing is 3 inches then you can install it in place and all you would have to do is go out and get a 3 in inlet air filter like the aem dry flow they use in the cold air kit so in theory this should work right.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok i have it cut. it cut great, i used a dewalt metal blade, also for extra saftey to the intake i taped were i wasnt cutting and it cut great. i was worried that the tube would crack while cutting but it didnt. i have pics but i am at work, i also have softball tonight so i will post this weekened. i am going to autozone to get the coupler that will work. the maf housing on the original intake took a little time but it is cut out and ready to go. i have an Apexi filter with the attachment that comes with it ready to go as well. the only thing i need to do is go to the home depot and make a bracket to hold the filter and intake in place. sorry about the delay i have been dealing with my daughters flu as well, that has gotten to me!! thanx for the patience its a work in progress!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.