• Buddy Club Race Header
  • X's Intake

Future Mods:

• Greddy SP2
  • Hondata Reflash
  • HFP Suspension
  • 18" HFP Wheels

Installation:

Installation wasn't hard. Given that i'm a newb when it comes to my own engine work I did not run into many issues, only two. (1) The c clamp that holds the tranny cable. Just as X states in the direction is how I did it. Takes a little effort, standing back, and reapproaching it. All in all, it took me about 10 minutes. (2) I totally stripped one of my screws that held my MAF to my Fujita. I started to get stressed out but then took the screwdriver and hammered into the screw. Finally I made my own thread to get it off. Other than these two issues, it was real smooth.

Power:

I'm not going to say that I feel like my car is turbocharged or what not, but I did feel definite and noticeable gain. I was very impressed with how much torque it regained between 2k-4k powerband. With my Fujita, I lost a lot in that area and i'm pleased to say that i've gained it back plus more. Needless to say when you gun it into VTEC, it definitely pulled harder and sounds sweeter than my Fujita SRI. It was beautiful. I want to get my car dynoed hopefully soon, maybe next saturday. Will post back with sheets.

What impressed me even more than the obvious power gains was how smooth it was. With my Fujita SRI, I experienced a lot of bogging, hesitation, choking , etc... For example, when i'm rolling down the street going 25mph in 2nd gear, i would let go of the gas and let 2nd gear slow me down. With my Fujita, I would experience a lot of bogging and choking. With X's intake, it was totally eliminated. Even downshifting, spirited driving, normal driving, and however else I drive, it's so smooth!

I am very pleased with the outcome of this intake. Sorry to say that after experiencing X's intake, I am very dissatisfied with Fujita. You would think that a large corporation would take more time and R&D to come up with a better product.

X's intake FTW!!!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
llckll said:
Pics and review coming soon...
Please do. I am excited about how it performs on your car. Comments by people like yourself go a long way in helping others like myself to decide whether or not to get the intake. :dancing:

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
So what does this X intake consist of? Im seeing a filter and maybe a MAF adapter. Is that stock tubing? just curious,..... I had an AEM CAI, and ditched it in favor of an Injen CAI. Much better. Im glad newly designed parts are surpassing the old in terms of performance.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Now, I have seen all the reviews from the people that have gotten this intake. Everyone has taken there Fujita or AEM out. Has anyone taken there Injen SR out or there K&N SR and compared those two to it?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Cool man, the more I read about this, the more I want one... But I'm STILL unsure about what direction to take with this car! ARG

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey llckll, i just had a quick question for you. Were there any fitment issues with the intake since you had the TBS? It really bugged me that my fujita sri on my NHBP fa5 rubbed up against the radiatory hose and thats why i took it off. I just wanna make sure that the same issue does not exist with X's intake even with the TBS cuz i plan on getting both. Thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ssoh87 said:
Hey llckll, i just had a quick question for you. Were there any fitment issues with the intake since you had the TBS? It really bugged me that my fujita sri on my NHBP fa5 rubbed up against the radiatory hose and thats why i took it off. I just wanna make sure that the same issue does not exist with X's intake even with the TBS cuz i plan on getting both. Thanks!
No fitment issues at all.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts