8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have custom intake using the stock si intake pipe and using a blox velocity stack with filter, basically the x intake with stock si piping. i just recently ordered the crv piping and was wonder is teh maf housing neccasary or can i just use the oem one since i already hacked it up

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Are you asking if you need to get a different MAF housing or if you can use the MAF housing you have? If so you can re-use the stock MAF housing with the CRV tube.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes thats what im asking and thank u for answering that question haha.

reason i asked was because in the x intake DIY, i saw u need the crv intake and the maf housing. any reason for that?

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
yes thats what im asking and thank u for answering that question haha.

reason i asked was because in the x intake DIY, i saw u need the crv intake and the maf housing. any reason for that?
You don't need to use a CRV maf housing to use a CRV intake hose. I am using a modded SI MAF housing, a HPS intake hose, a CTE heatshield, and a Fujita filter with my DIY SRI.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i wanted to go taht route but didn't have enough cash haha. is using my stock si maf housing gonna effect anything compared to the crv housing?

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
six6 said:
yea i wanted to go taht route but didn't have enough cash haha. is using my stock si maf housing gonna effect anything compared to the crv housing?
I can't say for sure if s crv maf housing would be better for an si. All the diy sri's I've seen use the si maf housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh i see, man im dumb.. the other part is the SI maf housing cover, and i have no idea wtf that is lol. please help, sorry to bother

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I think its a top part of the stock air intake box. MAF housing is attached to it. You have to cut it out so it looks like a tube; then you attach you attach filter to one end of the housing (by coupler) and CRV air tube to the other end. So it goes
Filter -> coupler -> Si MAF housing (tube you just cut out) -> CRV intake hose -> throttle body.
Hope it helps somewhat...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i have already cut out the maf housing out of the stock airbox, im just curious why it says to buy another one on the DIY. maybe ifi wanted to go back to stock or something?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok sweet. my crv intake pipe comes in today, im pretty excited for the extra 2 whp and -5wtq im getting :p

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Yeah you don't use the CRV MAF housing for the X intake, you just cut the Si MAF housing out of the stock intake box. Since you've already done that, you don't need to buy any other MAF housing, sounds like you're good to go =)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got everything installed, car runs great, feels pretty nice.

was jw if i need to worry about running too rich or too lean with this setup? also do you guys think the crv pipe adds any power?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts