8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 929 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off: This DIY is offered to the 8thcivic community as an addition to our ever-growing DIY section. It is NOT provided so that people can bash anyone else’s product! Any bashing of this or other products will immediately be deleted!

Constructive criticism is of course welcomed (as always)!

Notes regarding the vids: I took these vids. This is my 1st time ever using a digital vid camera, editing video; converting video, etc…I realize they are not perfect! I apologize in advance for this.
Please be advised that there is a duplicate clip in the DIY vid (cutting out the MAF). Please just disregard the second time this shows up…I was unable to fix it (ya, I’m teh n00b).
I somehow either did not record or lost a clip where X is grinding down the bulk of the MAF housing…This is MY fault and NOT X’s…It’s very obvious what needs to be done though…
In addition, I either did not record or lost a clip with X assembling the intake…again This is MY fault and NOT X’s…It’s very obvious what needs to be done though…If you can’t do this with your hands tied behind your back then you probably should not be doing this DIY anyway.
I realize the quality might not be the best…again, my apologies…

X will do his best to answer any questions. I will attempt to keep the 1st post updated with any Q&A
I want to give big props to xfactorwrx for making this DIY possible!
Thanks for reading and enjoy the vids!

Total time involved 3-4 hours
Parts used/needed
CR-V tube assembly 17228-RZA-000 $27-39
Si MAF housing cover 17210-RRB-A00 $17-28

Spectre 3 inch coupler 8771 $6.99 at local auto parts store

alta performance SS modded intake stand -PSP-INT-201 $20 shipped available through site sponsor xfactorwrx

A'PEXi 80mm filter 500-A025 $75-95

Please read! If you decide to take on this DIY you will need to dyno asap after installation! You need to do this to verify that the AFR is correct! Failure to do this could result in engine damage or failure! (ONLY required if you DIY. NOT if you buy from X)

YouTube - X intake DIY Pt. 1

YouTube - X intake DIY Pt.2

YouTube - Xintake Install

The 1st dyno is 170.9 Max power on my stock Si...2nd dyno is with X intake, P2R TB Spacer and P2R IMG

when remocing the c clamp thats on the cable to be very careful not to damage it. when x was removing it he lifted up enough to stick the pry bar into the center opening, now instead of doing it from the back stick it in from the front. that way if someone trys it hey will not damage the cable

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Thanks to both you guys.. that was pretty damn generous. All I wanted was the DIY for the install :p But I'll gladly take the DIY to making it as well haha

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
appreciate the effort! :thumb:

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
thanks guys, if you guys have any questions on things you dont understand or something that was missed on the video just ask here. i will try to answer all questions. i also might add, that the angle degree you want to achieve on the vanes is a 4-5 degree angle.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
caliguy can you put a warning or put it in op. when remocing the c clamp thats on the cable to be very careful not to damage it. when x was removing it he lifted up enough to stick the pry bar into the center opening, now instead of doing it from the back stick it in from the front. that way if someone trys it hey will not damage the cable

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
So now I'm just really confused.. that huge power gain comes from basically thinning out the vanes? I was expecting it to be a lot more complicated than that. Nice vids btw, they explained everything well :thumb:

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
caliguy can you put a warning or put it in op. when remocing the c clamp thats on the cable to be very careful not to damage it. when x was removing it he lifted up enough to stick the pry bar into the center opening, now instead of doing it from the back stick it in from the front. that way if someone trys it hey will not damage the cable
good catch, his C clamp was glued on there or something, i was like WOW this thing is on here.

·
Registered
235 Posts
when your filing the vains, are filing the whole vain to make it thinner or are you just filing the edge/end to achieve the 5 degree angle??

1 - 20 of 929 Posts