8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i just got in my X-Intake... first off, everything was packaged very nicely, as i would expect from a real company. I've been eager as hell to get this installed so i ripped all the stock parts off in a few minutes, the whole installation is a piece of cake with exception to moving the shift cable out of the way, i wanted to hang myself trying to pry the Metal C clamp off. Anyway, once that was done everything was so simple a kid could do it.

Install finished, intake looks EXCELLENT in the engine bay, i'm a huge fan of the stock intake box and didnt want to change it, but the Apexi filter with stock intake parts looks sick in the bay and everything still looks "stock."

So, disconnect the battery for 5 mins, hook it back up, fire it up and let her idle for 15 mins, no cel's no wierd noises no odd idle, everything exactly like stock.

Drive it out of my condo complex, sounds stock, no differences until i get on the throttle a touch, i can hear the air getting sucked into the filter and a nice throaty growl, it brought a smile to my face (and my gf's who was also in the car). Drive it nice for about 5 miles, not getting above 5k on the tach. Then i finally rip it, HOLY ****. First gear i think my tires broke lose ~7k and next thing i know i hit the limiter, i WAS NOT expecting that...regain my composure and try it again. (i'm also still getting used to my comptech short shifter)... revv it out to 8k+ nail 2nd, tires spin...RIPS through 2nd then 3rd. Holy **** is all i can say. The temp was around 32 degrees out, so i'm sure the tire spinning had to do with the cold temps as well, but i have never experienced power like that in my Si yet. I can without a doubt say that this must have added at the VERY LEAST 10hp, i would bet my dollars it's more like 15. I probably hit VTEC about 30-40 times tonight because i cant get enough of the sound...reminds me of my old B16 Si with my AEM on it.

All in all, this intake is EXACTLY what i was looking for: great looks, killer sound, great power increase and best of all ZERO downsides, no idle fluctuation, no lag, no surging, nothing.

X did a great job on this and i'd pay even more than $300 for it if i had to. This combined with my new comptech ss, it's like i have a whole new car.

bottom line, if you arent on the list for this intake, SIGN the EFF UP!

:vtec::dancing::eek:mg:

Updated with 2 little pics...sorry for the quality.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 shipped. I'm a very honest person who only buys the highest quality stuff, if this intake wasnt worth it, trust me -- you'd hear it. It's absolutely amazing... i can't believe an "average joe" created something that HUGE million dollar companies can't. Emmanuel -- this should be the product that makes you a millionaire...go start designing your own intake company...and let GRAFIXPRESSIONS be your decal maker! haha...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Congratulations...

I'm enjoying mine very much as well.. more than the power though, although it's very nice, is that I love that there is no more throttle lag as I would get with my Fujita SRI...

Since it's getting cold, I definitely feel the difference more.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Great write up. Nothing like a satisfied customer. I got to get on the ball and order one myself.

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
Great write up! This is definitely a must have on my list of things to get, right after a new, non-Honda, paintjob! Got I hate honda paint, so friggin soft!

·
Registered
251 Posts
:*(

Not sure how far down I am on the list but all this talk makes me wish I should have made the order 2-3 weeks earlier.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
cant X get in trouble for hacking up a honda part and selling it? just wondering *not bashing*

if u know what i mean, by like some copyright or somthing i donno

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
So, i just got in my X-Intake... first off, everything was packaged very nicely, as i would expect from a real company. I've been eager as hell to get this installed so i ripped all the stock parts off in a few minutes, the whole installation is a piece of cake with exception to moving the shift cable out of the way, i wanted to hang myself trying to pry the Metal C clamp off. Anyway, once that was done everything was so simple a kid could do it.

Install finished, intake looks EXCELLENT in the engine bay, i'm a huge fan of the stock intake box and didnt want to change it, but the Apexi filter with stock intake parts looks sick in the bay and everything still looks "stock."

So, disconnect the battery for 5 mins, hook it back up, fire it up and let her idle for 15 mins, no cel's no wierd noises no odd idle, everything exactly like stock.

Drive it out of my condo complex, sounds stock, no differences until i get on the throttle a touch, i can hear the air getting sucked into the filter and a nice throaty growl, it brought a smile to my face (and my gf's who was also in the car). Drive it nice for about 5 miles, not getting above 5k on the tach. Then i finally rip it, HOLY ****. First gear i think my tires broke lose ~7k and next thing i know i hit the limiter, i WAS NOT expecting that...regain my composure and try it again. (i'm also still getting used to my comptech short shifter)... revv it out to 8k+ nail 2nd, tires spin...RIPS through 2nd then 3rd. Holy **** is all i can say. The temp was around 32 degrees out, so i'm sure the tire spinning had to do with the cold temps as well, but i have never experienced power like that in my Si yet. I can without a doubt say that this must have added at the VERY LEAST 10hp, i would bet my dollars it's more like 15. I probably hit VTEC about 30-40 times tonight because i cant get enough of the sound...reminds me of my old B16 Si with my AEM on it.

All in all, this intake is EXACTLY what i was looking for: great looks, killer sound, great power increase and best of all ZERO downsides, no idle fluctuation, no lag, no surging, nothing.

X did a great job on this and i'd pay even more than $300 for it if i had to. This combined with my new comptech ss, it's like i have a whole new car.

bottom line, if you arent on the list for this intake, SIGN the EFF UP!

:vtec::dancing::eek:mg:
nice, so blue rocket, do you think that Apex has the best air filter on the market right now? or is K&N better? which one has better air flow?:laughing:

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
glad you liked it blue, i knew it wouldn't disappoint, i just wish i can get them out the poeple quicker, but im getting some help here and there so i can dedicate more time on the intakes.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I am still very curious as to what the AFR is on the Intake alone stock over x's intake. I want to see how the graphs compare, and to make sure the car can adjust safly. Ive seen it on the version one, but have not seen it on the version 2.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts