8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its about 30 degrees F or less, i was driving my car (2008 honda civic ex AT w/ 2k miles) and when i hit the acclerator slowly, my car started squeeking and around the 27MPH mark it was a steady screech as if my brake pads were work out, i definitely know its not my brake pads cuz when i press the brakes, the noise stops. The noise comes on everytime i step slowly on the accelerator and continue to press on it, and goes off when i tap or press the brakes.. I have no idea where this sqeek is coming from, i dont drive rough and the cars still pretty new only 2k miles on it.. any advice on what i should do or what it might be???

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
next time use the e-brake to stop...does the noise change? if so its the rear brakes...otherwise the fronts...take it in!!! when ur brakes are worn out you'll hear the noise (of worn out brakes) while you're pressing the brake pedal and probably worse...good luck

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
could be a pebble or rock in between the pad and rotors also if you dont drive the a whole lot rust builds on the rotors after a few uses of the brakes it goes away

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for ur input guys, its kinda windy out today so ima test it the next time i get a chance.. thx again for intelligent responses

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
reminds me of my last car. i had brembro rotors on it and i left it to sit after i bought my si, well selling it took a while and the rotors rusted up a bit... so i took it for a good long hard ride on my brothers plates(came car and VERY close vin(off by 10#'s)) and all of the rust was gone...

But the squeeling and gronding noize that it made was horrable, of someone went wor a test drive that day, no way they would have bought it...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured out what was wrong, there was a small/think wood about 1 in tall stuck in the "cleaner" or rotor w/e the guy said and that was causing the noise, its all good now.. got it done 4 freeee which was the best part lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts