8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I walked out to my car after work today and noticed my rear tires are completely bald out of what seems like nowhere, while my fronts (where the tread wear SHOULD be) are still at 70% treadlife, how did this happen? The only thing I can think of is that I didn't get an alignment after I lowered my car, and that was about 45 days ago... but still... the wear is from the middle to the outside of my tire, not the inside of my tire (where it would wear if I had some gnarly camber or toe, which I don't.)

I've had the tires for about 8000 miles, no burnouts, no abrupt stops... nothing... I just ordered 2 new ones, but I'm still pissed off because I cannot think of how this happened?!

Also to note - when I rotated them after 5000 miles (they are directionals), the shop said they still had 90% treadlife on both of them... and when I checked my tires out last month, the rears were completely fine. What the hell is going on?! :sadwavy:

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Wouldn't camber and toe have wear on different parts of the tire? The only thing I can think of is like you, not getting an alignment after you dropped. That's the only thing that would make sense.

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
edit:good idea^^^

well it sure sounds like you have positive camber and toe in. get an alignment. otherwise you're gonna be spending a lot of money on tires.

i had almost the same issue. lowered my car, installed rear camber kit. set camber arms correct and got that right, but didn't adjust the toe. so only the center of my tires wore down, and wore down fast.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Maybe you actually have a rwd Civic and you are lying about doing burn outs!

lol im jk, good luck with your problem. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
my tires are the same way, i think its cuz i tagg the cornors a lil to fast ;)

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I figured it out... the shop told me to get an alignment immediately, and that they tried to get the camber as close to factory spec as possible... what they probably did was give me some positive camber. It is the most sensible explanation at this point, lol.

I'll take pics as soon as I can...

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I think I figured it out... the shop told me to get an alignment immediately, and that they tried to get the camber as close to factory spec as possible... what they probably did was give me some positive camber. It is the most sensible explanation at this point, lol.

I would make the shop pay for your new tires if this is true.

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts

Alright, I walked out to my car after work today and noticed my rear tires are completely bald out of what seems like nowhere, while my fronts (where the tread wear SHOULD be) are still at 70% treadlife, how did this happen? The only thing I can think of is that I didn't get an alignment after I lowered my car,
I would make the shop pay for your new tires if this is true.
he didn't follow directions

·
Ijuswannachill
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, I was a dumbass and didn't get an alignment. Had plans but, ****, you guys know how that goes. It's no ones fault but my own, I'm man enough to admit that. Anyways I'm getting it all taken care of this Saturday, here's some pics to show the damage...

Note to everyone dropped without an alignment... GET ONE

60 bucks sounds alot better than 200 bucks, and I got cheap (but good) tires!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts