Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^PM'd You

Anyone else have Tein SS or Basics they're selling?
If your selling it with camber kit that would be a plus :).

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Yo Vic, why do you want the SS? I don't miss mine at all. They are too soft even on the stiffest damping setting. Skunk2 pro-s (soft set-up) or pro-c (stiff) if your into track at all plus they are like half the price. I have the FLEX now which are nice but still super $$$$. The skunk2's you can buy brand new for way less than a used SS and not have to worry about damaged struts and such.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^Your probably right. I should've gone with Skunk2 for the price. But in terms of stiffness. I'm not really planning on tracking the car. And I want to stay away from anything too stiff. I'll only do the occasional drag strip.
I ended up buying brand new SSs. Right now they are on the stiffest setting, the ride is nice for the most part, and thats really all I care about.
I asked dt07si for his review on the SSs and thats what convinced me to get them. If i didn't get the SSs then I would've gotten the T1Rs which are pretty close in spring rate but with more adjustability on the shock.
Once I get my new wheels in, I'm going to have it pretty low (yeah, I'm one of those guys lol). If I find I can't have it as low as I want, then I'll swap them out for the skunk2 pro-s or flexs, since I know they can go much lower and have their own advantages (skunk2 has a tapered spring and flexs can run 6 inch springs in the back to give more room for the wheels).

Is the difference between the FLEX and SS, night and day?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.