8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to be an ass, but why would you want the OEM tires? Those are the worse and MOST dangerous tire I have ever had.
Explain to me how they were dangersous for YOU? What happened?

I don't think Honda would put dangerous tires on any of their cars. I personally don't have a problem with them. In fact I enjoy them. Between spirited drives through the canyons with my S2000 buddies and normal everyday driving, I logged over 40k miles and there is still plenty of tread left.

I should add, I have a -1.25 camber setting in the front that almost eliminates understeer.

And no, I don't think you're an ass. Thanks for your opinion but give me more info to support your case.

Now, back to original topic.....Anyone have a set they want to part with?

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
^^ Agree. I love the stock tires. they yield better mpg and are more quiet than any other tires i've had on the car. there is a reason why they cost a lot, even more expensive than the Michelin Pilot Sport PE2 summer tires. they are not the best in the corners, but handle pretty well.

i have a set of 4 that have been used for 24K miles. they come new with 9/32 tread depth. last time i measured it, it still have 6/32 tread left. you can get over 60K miles out of these tires. they have been sitting (bagged up) in my backyard for 9 months now. this is because i keep all original parts from my car in case i ever need to use them again, but it seems like i'll probably never put these tires on again.

let me know if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
i agree they could be alot worse do u think michelin charges over 200 bucks per tire for shits and giggles?
they charge 200+ because they are Honda Specs and not a tire you can just go out and buy outside of a Honda dealership.

oem tires are below par, especially for canyon running.. they screech and howl on every turn but they don't break traction.. IMO thats annoying and is harder to find the limit on the tires.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^ Agree. I love the stock tires. they yield better mpg and are more quiet than any other tires i've had on the car. there is a reason why they cost a lot, even more expensive than the Michelin Pilot Sport PE2 summer tires. they are not the best in the corners, but handle pretty well.

i have a set of 4 that have been used for 24K miles. they come new with 9/32 tread depth. last time i measured it, it still have 6/32 tread left. you can get over 60K miles out of these tires. they have been sitting (bagged up) in my backyard for 9 months now. this is because i keep all original parts from my car in case i ever need to use them again, but it seems like i'll probably never put these tires on again.

let me know if you're interested.
Where are you located?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.