8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive had the greddy evo2 and now trying to get rid of my skunk2 70mm. now im trying to choose my next exhaust. going to be paired with a catless header of some sort. which exhaust should i go with? the HKS or the WS2? opinions would be most appreciated. from just having the catback to pairing it with a header. volume differences to tone differences. thanks

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Loudness is about the same for both exhaust. Except the WS2 was a little dronier on the highway but just barely. Not enough to bother my parents. They have different exhaust tones. It's hard to explain but the HKS is a little deeper. I hope that helps. I've had both exhaust btw.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea ok thanks for all the info keep it coming. both exhaust are 60mm OD. the HKS only goes 65mm at the axle back. walked in on many a discussions about it. doesnt matter though. power gains will be close with either one with a the mods i plan on doing hopefully. im just thinking of look wise and tone. i love the way both looks. HKS a lil more but the tip is just huge but isnt a big deal cause i had the evo2 and im pretty sure its around the same size. ive heard several videos of the HKS but none that do it justice. and i dont know anyone local with it. now i have heard the ws2 and it sounds awesome in person. just as a catback but i love it. and nothing can drone as bad as the skunk2 70mm i have right now so thats not a problem lol. idk i need more opinions.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loudness is about the same for both exhaust. Except the WS2 was a little dronier on the highway but just barely. Not enough to bother my parents. They have different exhaust tones. It's hard to explain but the HKS is a little deeper. I hope that helps. I've had both exhaust btw.
Why did u choose the HKS over the ws2?

·
Registered
633 Posts
There was a video posted a while back the car had an ws2 and the car was passing a wall it sounded prety loud like a high end loud and raspy granted I think the car was running a catless header and I planned the same thing that video turned me off...I chose the hks from JRM FG2 video that one alone and I dont regret it the hks is very deep bass like tone...not shrekky (sp) or loud pitch...I like the hks.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i hear ya. figured the HKS was a lower tone. and yes i heard those videos that he posted and it sounds good with the HKS and the vibrant RH with the HFC. i really like it. i was worried that the ws2 would sound kinda raspy with a catless header which i was def afraid of. dont want rasp at all. prob gonna end up going with the HKS because of that. anyone know what the HKS sounds like with a catless header?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i just installed a WS2 on my FA5. i also have injen cai, p2r tbs, img, dcrh. the exhaust is quiet. it is alot quieter than my stock exhaust. it is deeper at low rpms and above 4500 rpms its almost silent. there is no raspiness. i am sure though it will get louder as it breaks in, but as of right now its awesome.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HKS is 60mm/ 2.5" OD. now ID its like 2.3" or something. even though the website says its 65mm its not. now the axle back portion of the HKS is 65mm but not the midpipe. its 60mm. but thats all OD. its whatever piping size on a n/a car isnt going to fluxuate HP much. maybe 1-3whp which to me isnt a big deal. cause u may have that 1-3 more hp with a 70mm piping i wont be the one getting pulled over for LOUD ASS EXHAUST. ya know lol. so thats why im considering one of these. and yes im def starting to lean more towards the HKS, piping size aside. if the ws2 is 60mm piping and the HKS is 60mm OD then the ID is gonna be prob the same as well. not a concern.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Im with you my exhaust is just too loud too. Does anyone know if the hks exhaust will die over time with a race header and become raspy like oem does? I am only asking because I am not familiar with its muffler design and the canisters pretty much cant break.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.