Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Write Your Problems With Your Civic 2007+ Sedan​

Guyz please Write Any Problems u Got With Your Civic

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Alot of rattles from drivers side lower dash, and both front doors. Some have rattles in rear deck, and seats, but i havent experianced that yet.
Also, i heard the ac condensors were easily punctured, master cylinders might be weak, SI's have bad third gears, front window and bumper are prone to rock chips, some people have bad paint, bad window visors breaking off, Rear camber wear is high, and i think thats about it. But all that stuff really isnt that bad, unless it all happans to your car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an '09 EX sedan automatic...

My annoyances...
The transmission and its stupid torque converter (I came from a civic 5spd manual) I hate automatics in general because they won't pick the right gear, but as long as you pip the throttle the civic will downshift into the appropriate gear instead of stressing the engine with a higher one. It does shift smoothly except at under 10mph, but its not a lexus, so I don't really expect it too.

Headlights aren't great, certainly better then my old car, but its a small thing to me. They are wide which is what I prefer

I-pod hookup; if you don't have the navigation, its just annoying to go through ever artist instead of typing a name like on the navigation

Visibility through the front a pillar (drivers side), its horrendous, but it was the same with my other civic so I have gotten used to it.

Windshield like the guy above you will get rock chips, I have 3 luckily none on the hood paint so I don't really care

My Likes
I do like the high 5th gear on the transmission and I do like the fact that it is a 5-speed, that was one of the reasons for purchasing it. Getting 60+ MPG at 50MPH is nice.

The airbags, curtain, side, passenger, driver, my other car had only passenger and driver. I feel slightly more safe.

The rims are attractive and good looking in my opinion

Suspension is stiff, which is what I personally like, they changed it for the '09 year I believe.

Sunroof is also nice for driving at night when you want some air circulated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
can't sell it!! Living in Western Canada, had the car for only 6 months and due to financial issues I have to sell. Seems there is no interest :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
i hate my dealer. they charge me everytime i take my car in and fix nothing. not only do they not fix it, but the problem i mention they don't even check. i asked to check the clutch cause it's been stiff, slipping and sticking since 2 months old. of course i ask them to just please look at it. they check my fnckin' brakes and exhaust, telling me eveything is good. i phone honda canada, they tell to talk to my local dealer. explaining the problem and how i was treated they blow me off and say they can't do anything. well now i hate my honda(nothing but problems) and regret buying. if i would have known when you buy a honda that you recieve no warranty on a brand new car. fnck i would have rather bought a kia or hyundai lol. please honda get your heads straight. just cause you sell lots of cars doesn't mean you shouldn't warranty them. sigh, well i like the car it's cool but service sucks a big one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
guys big 2 questions !!!

I have LX-S 09 which is cool it has the SI interior but of course without the stitching of the SI on the seats, and it is cool, but for some reason every time i drive up from a traffic light the steering wheel pulls slightly to the right, does this happen with any one of you guys at all ?? I took it to the dealer and they said all civic's does that.

another problem, my wheels. when i bought the car i had to argue with them for 2 hours to make them balance the wheels, after that they went a little bit better, no big ass vibrations, i drove from orlando to miami, as i arrived there and driving at 40 mph my tires started growling. Again i took to the dealer, and they said all wheels on honda growl is that true ????????

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
other cars tapping or hitting it and running after prone. hear a weird noise under the drivers side and cabin noise is really loud on the freeway. gotta turn up the volume on my zune

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
guys big 2 questions !!!

I have LX-S 09 which is cool it has the SI interior but of course without the stitching of the SI on the seats, and it is cool, but for some reason every time i drive up from a traffic light the steering wheel pulls slightly to the right, does this happen with any one of you guys at all ?? I took it to the dealer and they said all civic's does that.

another problem, my wheels. when i bought the car i had to argue with them for 2 hours to make them balance the wheels, after that they went a little bit better, no big ass vibrations, i drove from orlando to miami, as i arrived there and driving at 40 mph my tires started growling. Again i took to the dealer, and they said all wheels on honda growl is that true ????????

you're on your own there. never had anything like that before. i think your honda dealership is B.Sing you

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I LOVE MY SEDAN! hehe sorry i just had to get this out there. The only thing that botehrs me about my sedan is that the side bumper clip broke, so the side of my bumper is sticking out. Hopefully ill get that fixed while getting my new exhaust put in yayuh..

·
Registered
14 Posts
2009 LX Sedan, one month old @ 2000 miles. Problems: occasional long start issue, two starter motor didn't engage at all issues. No other problems.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts