8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a write up, pictures or advice on how to go about getting to cutting the bump stop?

I'm just unsure what and where I need to drill out, how much I did to drill so I don't mess up the rod?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The bump stop should slide off the shaft of the damper with little effort and then you can cut it with a utility knife. Why do you want to drill out the crush sleeve?

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember reading on my Eibach springs directions it said you needed to drill out the crush sleeve to get to the bump stop?

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just don't want to risk bottoming out the shock if it's sitting on the bump stops, if it will or is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i installed the pro-kit on my fa5 and in the directions it said to cut rear bump stop...its easy.. right there on the rear shock you will see a inch and half shiny silver sleeve...it has a mark where to drill...just drill completely through and remove sleeve....then remove dust cover and remove bump stop...cut it like the directions say and reinstall with new sleeves that they give you...thats all...very easy.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
upnleftu said:
i installed the pro-kit on my fa5 and in the directions it said to cut rear bump stop...its easy.. right there on the rear shock you will see a inch and half shiny silver sleeve...it has a mark where to drill...just drill completely through and remove sleeve....then remove dust cover and remove bump stop...cut it like the directions say and reinstall with new sleeves that they give you...thats all...very easy.
so you drill completly through? so there would be a hole through the rod too? what size drill bit do i need?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
don't drill through the rod, just the sleeve. like the other poster said, it's all very straight forward. drill a hole in the notch on the sleeve, then the sleeve will just come off. as for cutting the bumpstop, just cut it. nothing special. I used a little saw i found in our garage.

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't looked at yet, nor seen pictures it so I was just scared cuz I don't know how deep to drill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts