8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been mind dealing on a Civic Si for a long while. After wrecking my prelude. The repairs would be too much and they would just total it some im in the process of parting that out and went with the SI.

For the money that car is amazing. Even for Hondas history. This thing is priced amazing. Compared to my car 190hp , 15inch wheels , 5 speed , standard interior , no lsd , no vsa , no superb stereo system , much less power to the wheels and for 25,000.

Compared to LSD , 17inch wheels , vsa , special interior , special wing , special seats , 6 speed , superb stereo , system for 21795!

Good job honda and glad to be alive. That was one hairy wreck. Just glad to be here and having a new car right away works out nicely. Just got done washing it might snap some photos , but heck its a stock Civic Si in nighthawk with silver pin stripe.

Drives lovely. Wish I got the HPT tire version but that wasnt on the lot anymore.

Oh well , hope to contribute what I can to this site.

Best Regards,
Michael

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh and heres a tidbit. I raced two Si's in my Prelude , dont know what they had but they sounded mildly moded. Both were probably the best Honda races Ive had I could barely pull either until 4th.

And , my car had i/h/e/high flow cat/ud pullies/intake manifold/earth ground kit/flywheel & clutch/carbon fiber hood/lightweight battery/cam sprockets

With that in mind thats just amazing how fast these cars are. So glad to be in the right Honda for 08.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome. coupe?
4 door. Got two kids (allthough they may rarely ride in it) and just liked the 4 door rear-end better for some reason and the 2 door just felt a little to cramped for me. As well I just wanted a little extra space to tote stuff around if need be.

Thanks for the warm welcome its a great car. Now to get back to work so I can afford a car payment once again...lol.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Oh and heres a tidbit. I raced two Si's in my Prelude , dont know what they had but they sounded mildly moded. Both were probably the best Honda races Ive had I could barely pull either until 4th.

And , my car had i/h/e/high flow cat/ud pullies/intake manifold/earth ground kit/flywheel & clutch/carbon fiber hood/lightweight battery/cam sprockets

With that in mind thats just amazing how fast these cars are. So glad to be in the right Honda for 08.
i'm still stock and had a lude pull on me sunday. sorry i had to hurt his feelings. he wouldn't even look at me afterwards.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah essentially what the SI puts down to the wheels stock is something people in the prelude world brag about getting their modified cars too.....

Yeah once I raced these two guys it was identical race. They started a tad ahead of me and once finally into 4th gear and uncomfortable street speeds is where we could notice I was barely moving forward. K20 FTW!

Im guessing Honda is basically pulling our legs with the 197hp quote , that or they really got themselves an amazingly efficient drivetrain these days. Either or they still put down pretty high numbers @ the wheels if they are 197hp @ the fly.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also anyone in the Central Florida / Orlando Area wants to pick up a Civic SI or a Mugen for a good deal. Let me know. I got connects. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
welcome.

ive owned 3 ludes and I dumped a ton of money on them not even matching the performance of my stock si. good call and hope you enjoy the car

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
would it be a steal? lol
I can promise you a price better than anyone else would do. Let me know what you want and Ill get it for you. This is only being offered to 8thcivic.com members.

Even the mugen I can get under msrp if your interested.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts