8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of u know i did wreck my 2007 RR honda civic si and i came to thinking how will they fix it? my passenger side from the bumper to the back bumper is stractched and dented.. i have a dent on my roof and my whole front bumper is off and a stratch on my trunk. I would really like to know how will they fix it....it has to be fixed back to warrenty so do they replace everything? if so does that mean i get a new roof just for that dent? im sure alot of u guys know so please let me know :p i get my car back next week its been a month.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
who fixed it.....insurancE?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
like i said b4 since no one answered me...if insurance will fix it it should be good as new..SHOULD BE...but if its notyou can always complain and get it redone

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the insurance is paying for it and i took it to honda collision center.. the damage isnt bad at all.. what about repainting? do they repaint the whole car or just the spots that need it because that wouldnt look right then.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
^yup...

i hate it when repairs are done, im so anal about dings, swarl marks and orange peal...ooo, im a body shops nightmare...

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i just hope they dont repaint 1 half of my car because the other half is filled with swirl marks from the dude that washed it before me... its like he dropped it in gravel and washed the car.. thats why i dont think honda can just repaint some of the car... it has to be repaired for warrenty and insurance procedures...

·
Registered
58 Posts
depending on the damage they will repair/ replace all of the damaged parts then blend all of the nondamaged adjacent parts that are in the same sight-line like raycl said. as far as the other side not matching from the previous owners bad wash job, that is not really the insurance or the body shops problem because it has nothing to do with this accident, but if the repairs are performed right you should see no differance in the paintmatching.
as far as your warranty goes. the body repairs should not void anything at all.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
depending on the damage they will repair/ replace all of the damaged parts then blend all of the nondamaged adjacent parts that are in the same sight-line like raycl said. as far as the other side not matching from the previous owners bad wash job, that is not really the insurance or the body shops problem because it has nothing to do with this accident, but if the repairs are performed right you should see no differance in the paintmatching.
as far as your warranty goes. the body repairs should not void anything at all.
right im also kinda glad because i had a hole drilled in my bumper from the plates and i told the guy not to drill the hole when they put on the bumper :p
and yes he told me they have to fix it to hondas requirements and if they cant they must mark it as totaled to still get the warrenty. i have pics on my phone but my internet isnt hooked up and that means for some reason i cant send pictures to people nor to my email :( i wonder if i can get some from the insurance company

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
depends on how bad the damage is....more likely just a door skin unless beam is bent..quater panel will be fixed unless its real tore up..and let the blending begin...alot of repairs depend on what insurance company u have to.....I've seen some 06 civics get aftermarket and reconditioned parts put on them

got ne pics I could let u know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.